Farewell

I sigh, slamming the trunk of my car down. I walk into the school and into glee club. Everyone in the room looks at me with sad smiles.
"Max, I think you wanted to sing us a goodbye song." Mr Schue smiles.
"Yeah." I grab a guitar and sit down.

I wipe my eyes of the tears falling freely.
"I uh, wow..." I laugh a little. "I didn't think I'd ever be saying goodbye to you guys. Especially not before graduation, this place...you guys...I am not the same person I was before joining New Directions. I was the worst person ever, I was angry, alcoholic, a bitch. Now, I'm a sober bitch with slight anger issues." I joke.
"It's not goodbye." Mr Schue sighs. "It's a see you later."
"Exactly, don't think you can get away from us." Sam grins.

I put the guitar down and sit back. I try to think of everything I've went through in this place. I have changed, I can see it. I can feel it. I feel lighter, like I'm not carrying so much weight in my shoulders.
"You're gonna miss our last nationals though." Mercedes sighs.
"If I can, I'll be there." I smile.
"You better." Finn jokingly glares.
I laugh with the group and stand up, holding my arms out.
"Group hug?"
Everyone rushes to hug me, Quinn slips under everyone's arms to hug me tightly. I give her a tight hug, kissing her head softly.
"I can't wait to see what you can do." Quinn grins. "You're gonna end up in dancing movies."
"Like Fame?" I smile.
"You actually know a musical?" Kurt frowns.
"It's got dancing, so yeah. Although, if they could make a movie that has dancing animals I'll totally be in on that. Not Cats though that's weird."
Everyone laughs again, making me join in with them. I'm gonna miss these guys.

I walk into the auditorium and frown as my dad, Carol, Kurt and Finn sit on the stage.
"Is this an intervention?" I joke.
"No, it's your leaving present." My dad stands up.
"You didn't have to." I shake my head and sit.
"You're easier to get presents for than your brother." My dad looks at Kurt.
"So what is it?"
"It's outside."
I frown and stand up, following my family outside. I stop and feel more tears coming to my eyes.
"You got me a truck?"
"Not just any old truck." My dad walks me towards it.
"A Grand Cherokee." He hands me the keys. "Just like you always wanted."

"It's a 90's model

"It's a 90's model." I mumble, taking the keys.
"Someone came in looking to swap it." Finn smiles.
"And we all know you've been dying for this car." Carol continues.
I look at the four of them before engulfing each of them in a tight hug.
"I love you guys, so much."
"We love you, kiddo." My dad sniffles.
"Are you crying?"
"I'm trying not to, you've been through so much...I'm proud of you, you're strong and you're gonna kick everyone's ass at that interview tomorrow."
"You know I will."
"Now, let's move all this stuff into your new car."

I stand at the school doors, watching everyone hustle and bustle out of the building. I sigh and slowly walk towards my new truck.
"This is it." Quinn sighs.
"It is." I nod, looking her in the eyes.
"We have one last surprise before you go."
I look behind her as the rest of the glee club walk towards us.

I start crying again, hugging everyone individually. I pull back and look at Quinn.
"I love you." She sighs.
"I love you too." I lean down and kiss her with passion.
"Now, go." She giggles. "Go do good things."
I nod, sliding into my car and start backing up until I can turn. I slowly start driving away, waving out the window.

Start of a new life.