Chapter Tweleve

The next morning came, everyone coming back and opening up presents. Evan handed Jonathan his present. Jonathan smiled at him before opening it; inside were two lockets, one was silver while the other was gold.
"The silver one is for you," Evan put the locket on Jonathan, "And the gold one is for me; there is a picture of each of us in them, so you open it and I'll be there."
"Oh Evan," Jonathan hugged him, "It's so beautiful."
"Just fuck already!," Brian yelled out.
Everyone laughed. Jonathan perked up as he grabbed the small present from under the tree and held it.
"I'll give it to you after everyone else opens their presents," Jonathan told Evan.
Seemed like an hour later when Jonathan finally handed Evan the small box. Evan unwrapped it, opened the lid, and saw the key to the padlock of the stable door.
"Uuuhh," Evan looked confused.
"Everyone get your coats on!," Lui chanted, "We're going outside!"
They all trudged to the stables, Jonathan and Evan leading the way. Evan felt nervous as he unlocked the door and opened it; his jaw dropped. In front of him was Willie holding the reins to one of the horses he wasn't quite able to get. An akhal-teke, and the coat was as beautiful as he imagined it.
"Surprise," Jonathan smiled, "Lui helped me search around for one, and we found this young mare on sale. Tyler and Marcel helped with the expenses though. I-MMPH!"
Evan grabbed Jonathan and kissed him passionately on his lips, Jonathan melting into it.
"Now you're just making us sick," Scotty fake gagged, "And that was a good dinner last night."
Evan pulled away and hugged Jonathan.
"I love you," he chortled.
"I love you too," Jonathan smiled softly, "Now go on."
Evan pulled away and slowly approached the horse; its coat was a gold color color, the mane a bleached blonde shade, and she sniffed Evan before letting him pet her. Evan found himself giggling. After that everyone went home, leaving Evan and Jonathan alone. Jonathan sat back on the couch and felt himself relax. Evan lifted him up and sat him on his lap.
"I have one more idea we can do~," he cooed in the hybrid's ear.
Jonathan felt a shiver go down his spine as blush crept onto his face. Evan smirked as he turned him around and kissed him. Jonathan kissed back, and things got a little further. They started making out as Evan pushed him down onto the sofa, kissing down Jonathan's neck while leaving small hickies behind. Jonathan let out a small gasp as Evan found his good spot.
Evan smirked and proceeded to leave a very noticeable hickey on there. It didn't go any further than that, and they both were just laying on the couch.
"Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?," Evan asked while massaging Jonathan's lower back.
"Hmm," Jonathan smiled.
Evan kissed the top of his head, both of them falling asleep. Another few months passed, and Jonathan had a very odd feeling; Willie was on his vacation with his wife, so he was placed in charge of the stable. He couldn't help but feel as if something was about to happen, or it already was going on.
"Something wrong?," Evan asked.
Jonathan's ears twitched around as he was hearing something off. Evan could only stand there as he watched his boyfriend look towards the windows and looking towards the stable. Jonathan opened the window and listened more closely.
"Call the vet," he told Evan, "I think Esmeralda went into labor."
Evan didn't question as he got his cell phone out as Jonathan leapt out the window and ran towards the stables. Entering Esmeralda's stall he saw her laying on the ground and heaving a little.
"It's ok girly," he rubbed her side, "Keep breathing for me."
The vet sooned arrived and shooed Jonathan out so he and his assistant could work. Evan was holding Jonathan as they waited for any news.
"Congratulations," the doctor peeked up from the door, "It's a boy."
The couple went in and saw Esmeralda with her foal, the young horse making small noises as he was sitting there. Jonathan smiled as he leaned into Evan.
"What are we going to name him?," Evan asked.
"Let's call him...," Jonathan thought for a moment, "Damian."
"Damian it is."
They invited the guys over, Brock, Scotty, Craig, and Lui just cooing over it.
"It's sooo cute," Brock squealed.
"EEE~," Craig squealed, "Look at its tiny face~"
Luckily the snow melted to make way for spring; Jonathan leading Damian out with his mom to go graze in the field behind the house along with the other horses. Evan had to go to work, saying that he'll be home as soon as possible. He now is a proud sponsor of the hybrid rights program, and that was the turning point in public opinion. Jonathan played with the foal a little as he went back inside and started to make a butterscotch and cinnamon pie. Just as he was stirring the ingredients a rock flew in from the window.
Jonathan tenseed up, frightened by the sudden crash. He placed the bowl on the counter and slowly made his way to the living room to see scattered glass and a rock with a note tied to it. He got the note and read it.
- - -
You'll be sorry tonight
- - -
Jonathan turned pale, grabbing the phone in the kitchen and dialed Evan's number.
"Hello?"
"Evan, window, note, thre-"
"Jonathan slow down. What's going on?"
"S-s-someone threw a-a-a n-n-n-note through th-the wind-dow. I-i-i-it said tha-that I'll-I'll b-b-be sorry t-to-toni-night"
"I'm on my way home, I'll be there by eight. Run to the stables and hide in Hoodini's stall, and don't come out."
"O-ok."
Jonathan hung up the call, putting on his hoodie and boots and running out the door. He slammed the stable doors closed and ran to the back where Hoodini was. The horse noticed the fear, standing up and using himself as a shield for Jonathan. As night fell Jonathan got more worried, he heard a tap on the window, and looked to see Evan.