Chapter 8: The Misty Mountain's Cold

"Far over, The Misty Mountain's cold

      To dungeons deep, and caverns old

      We must away, ere break of day,

      To claim our long forgotten gold.

      The dwarfs of yore made mighty spells,

      While hammers fell like ringing bells,

      In places deep, where dark things sleep,

      In hollow halls beneath the fells.

      The pines were roaring on the height,

      The winds were moaning in the night.

      The fire was red, it flaming spread;

      The trees like torches blazed with light.

      The bells were ringing in the Dale

      And men looked up with faces pale;

      The dragon's ire more fierce than fire

      Laid low their towers and houses frail.

      Far over, The Misty Mountain's grim

      To dungeons deep, and caverns dim

      We must away, ere break of day,

      To win our harps and gold from him."

"Maya..." said Kili slowly in a playful tone. "Maya wake up." he sat down beside her and gently placed his hand on her arm.

        "Five more minutes." she groaned.

   "Sure," interrupted Dwalin, who was about to finish packing his sleeping bag "if the raging Orcs over there do not get here first." he gestured his head.

         "What?!" exclaimed Maya as she jumped up and reached for her bow.

"Dwalin!" exclaimed Kili, pretending to be annoyed by Dwalin's nasty prank. Yet he couldn't help but grin for he was impressed by how fast Maya reacted. She noticed this and smacked her lips before gently smacking Kili with the back of her hand, causing him to laugh and smile even more.

   "I was joking," Dwalin chuckled and gestured his hands "but the lass is awake now isn't she?"

Maya groaned in annoyance and frowned, but then she too started to chuckle. "Well played." she said while slightly nodding her head. But then she looked behind Dwalin and pointed her finger. "Are those the Orcs?" she asked with a serious face. Dwalin and Kili immediately looked the direction Maya was pointing at. "Oh, no, I guess they are just trees." she said and shrugged her shoulders. They looked back at her and Kili burst out in laughter as Dwalin crossed his arms and frowned slightly.

      "Playtime is over. We must get to the Mountains before nightfall." ordered Thorin.

   "Aye." said Dwalin and nodded. He looked to Maya and Kili and bowed his head, they bowed back, then he left to help his brother pack.

        "You know..." started Maya as she was interrupted by her own yawn, "next time, just pour some water on my face."

Kili laughed, "I'll keep that in mind."

There was a short moment of silence until Kili finally stood and spoke. "Well... good morning." he smiled and gave a helping hand. She chuckled and took his hand, he helped her up and she said good morning in return.