The Trapped Prince- 1

Dedicated to
jenalee28

During a cold night in the peaceful city of Embers, ran a masked figure.

The city was mostly deserted tonight save for some drunken men and barking dogs-- for everyone was at the palace. Attending the 'Third Grand ball ' in two decades. The streets were yet to be cleaned. Scattered leaves and torn papyrus lay on the sides of the footpath. The avenue was lined with multiple dome shaped buildings resembling the Roman architectural designs. The streets were lit up by strange lightworms. A genius idea.

The light breeze made the crimson and gold leaves dance in the air. A girl, draped in a warm brown coat, was smelling the sweet air that was all around her--probably from the blooming winter flowers. Her black hair flew in different directions. She tucked her hair behind her ear and went down her own merry way, towards the now closed bakery.

The peace within the kingdom was shattered by the incessant clacking of heels.

(Apparently running in heels is the latest trend)

It was the magic hour. The time were supernatural phenomenons occurred.

There was magic in the air. The little ash girl ran faster.

Tick tock tick tock.

Nova was running late. Only thirty minutes until midnight.

She would lose her last chance.
No she wouldn't.
She would do it this time.

Her gold high-tech metal slippers finally hit the footsteps of the palace. Nova was apparently the last guest.

Click clop click clop.

Her footsteps stopped.

The guard eyed her sweaty brows and crumpled dress dismissively "Name?"

"N-"Nova hesitated. The elites possessed a name of class and elegance which not only put a name like 'Nova Vittosky' to shame but also raise suspicions , which was the last thing she needed tonight.

She quickly gathered her witts and thought of the first name she could recall from a childhood story that her mother used to tell her. "Synderella D'Angelo of Rein."

"Rein? Is it newly formed?" the other guard raised his eyebrows in suspicion.

"Um yeahh.. its recently formed so not many people know of it. Its ah also quite far so if you will excuse me, I am already late." Nova said as she stepped ahead.

The guards blocked her path with their spears. "Not so fast My Lady. Where is your invitation?"

She mentally facepalmed herself." Of Course how could I forget?"

She tucked out her invitation from her purse. The purse was the one and only gift from her stepmother. It didn't belong to her century so she didn't have much use of it. Why would one when you could just open up your Void in time- space and take what you need.

She had modified the purse to be a 4-Dimensional purse. Kind of like the Voids except that she had to carry it with her everywhere. It also had a limit unlike the Voids.

The Voids however could not be opened in any other century. Thus the purse was finally of some use today. Before that it was just an artifact, that showed her that her stepmother had been kind once, after that day.

Cared about her once.

But all of it changed after her father left.

It's no good to dwell upon the past.