The Assassin -3

Dedicated to
spite-

Last time in The Cursed Prince(TCP):
I wasn't safe anymore
I had to hurry.....
I felt a searing pain in my mind.
No
Was coming here a mistake?
I could do nothing
I could feel nothing
I could see nothing but darkness.
****

Nova collapsed into a deep slumber to recover her energy. She was stuck in the space-time dimension until she woke up and had enough energy to draw an exit.

But she needed a strong mind to wake up first.

Nova felt her lungs squeeze painfully, releasing all the air inside her and making her gasping for air. As if that wasn't enough she could feel the bitter, acidic bile rising up to her throat and she bent over, gagged and barfed on air. White hot pain shot up her arm like fire. It spread throughout her body like an untamed forest fire. Her bones felt as if they were melting and her insides felt like she was burning like hot molten lava.

A splitting headache had developed in her head. It made her dizzy. It made her reel. She felt like she was at the brink of death.

Why is this happening?

STOP!

The pain started to pull back as if an invisible force was sucking it out like a vacuum cleaner. As soon as it appeared the pain disappeared.

Strange.

She opened her eyes to face a long corridor with rusty golden walls so high that she couldn't see their top. She couldn't even see the ceiling. The air above her was filled with mist and fog.

The passage in front of her had numerous twists and turns. The corridor felt familiar, but she couldn't put a finger on it. She took a step forward on the smooth polished floor. Nova noticed a peculiar thing that she had surprisingly missed.

The corridor had doors on either side of it. Infinite doors of different colours and patterns. The walls on either sides of her and the numerous bends ahead, made her think of a maze.

A maze? Where am I? Why am I here?

She felt uneasy. A cold shiver passed down her back. She felt a pair of eyes watching her. Their gaze burning holes in her neck. Nova went rigid with fear. She checked behind her but saw nothing. The passage behind her was dark. She could see nothing but darkness.

She decided to move ahead. This place was giving her the creeps. She did not deny that she was also a teeny tiny bit curious.

All the doors on this side almost looked the same except their patterns. The maze itself was a beauty to behold, with its rich golden colours and the rainbow of colours on the doors on either side of her. She felt safe beneath the misty ceiling and the tall walls that never seemed to end. It was hypnotic and breathtaking ,but  the allure and the beauty of the passage was soon forgotten as she jolted out of whatever mystic magic had made her feel all those false emotions. She felt as if someone had poured a bucket--the ancient thing people used to use to fill water-- of water on her.

This place...It was dangerous.

She had to get out of this gods damned place to...to what?

She searched her mind for an answer but could find nothing. It was all hazy and blurry and every time she felt she was close to the answer it would fly out of her grasp like wisps of smoke and she was left behind with a splitting headache.