The Beast - 2

Dedicated to
MikaelaBender

***

The Beast had awoken.

Pure terror surges through her veins as she stares at the creature clutching her hand.

The Beast had awoken and along with it his magic. Her terrorized feet refused to move. It felt as if her feet were glued to the floor.

This shouldn't be happening.
I killed the host.

He should have died along with Alexander.

Her eyes trailed along the blackened hand that had curled itself around her arm to face the Beast. All around her she faintly registered the silence, punctuated by occasional gasps of horror that had sileneced the initial murmurs and shocked whispers in the hall.

The elites that were closest to them slowly backed away away from the Beast and some were already starting to slip through the doors and out of the palace. Out of the dangers of the palace and the monster within. Some had expressions of terror etched on their face while others were slowly taking a step forward to look more closely at the terrifying creature. Curiosity had overcome their initial fear.

The captain of the guard was barking orders at his guards to surround the Beast and was gesturing them to be alert. He stopped any curious minds from coming too close to the Beast and reasuured them.

The Beast was taking his own sweet time to feed on everyone's fear.

With a roar, the Beast rears back and flings a bolt of purplish lightning at the Captain. He ducks , narrowly missing it by a hairs breadth. The wall however wasn't so lucky. The lightning had created a gaping hole in the wall behind her. All around her pandemonium reigned as people scrambled for the door, abandoning their masks and discarding their plates of food.

There was Chaos. There was pandemonium. There was fear. Terrible fear.

Nova hears none of the panicked screams or the sounds of porcelain being smashed into millions of shards. She just eyes the nightmarish creature in front of her.

The Beast looked terrifying with black viens running across his whole body. The viens formed swirling patterns that looked like they had been carved on him. His eyes were bloodshot and on his head were tiny horns like the devil. Fur lined his previously charming face and at the end of his crooked arms were the claws of a wild beast.

Fangs projected from his mouth that seemed to come out or disappear at the beasts will and his glowing eyes had an otherworldly wicked gleam. He was naked from waist up and his chest though devoid of fur had been covered with the same swirling patterns. No inch of the skin beneath was visible. His previously lean body had been transformed into a much more bulkier and muscled one. A nightmarish creature had come alive.

Alexander's prized suit lay in tatters on the floor- ripped to shreds and beyond repair. All that remained were his pants that covered the beast but they too had been ripped transforming the previously full pants into shorts.

Soon the ballroom became empty. The Captain of the guard-Captain Lenos- orders his guards to attack on the count of three. However his plans are thwarted as the beast summons a strong gust of wind and directs it at them.