Part 5

Yes, KID was indeed shot. Not dangerous, but enough to slow him down a lot. Currently, KID dragged himself into an alley very close to the museum until his legs finally gave in and the young adult collapsed onto the ground. His breath was shaky as he tried to turn with success onto his back.
"D-damn that was close..."
Now he could only beg the police wouldn't be searching for him here. With trembling hands he fished out his own phone out of his pocket and dialed Jiis number, having the assistant soon respond with his usual concerned voice.
"Botcchama, are you alright? Did anything happen?"
"J-Jii... help... Please... Got shot, a sniper..."
Jii of course instantly turned on high speed, clear rustling was audible.
"T-tell me where you are!"
Kaito looked with blurry eyes around and barely could make out the name of the street he was in. It definitely wasn't a good sign that his vision was blurry and his head slowly became blank.
"H-hang on botcchama! I'm there any minute!"

But as a silhouette approached KID after a while, this definitely wasn't Jii. He couldn't make out any characteristic, it could have been anyone. But as soon as the person saw him, they froze for a second before dashing off to him. Kaito felt strong arms wrapping around his body and himself getting pulled onto the lap of said person.
"KID!! ...-en... your eyes... KID!"
Kaito barely heard him and only stared at him with half closed eyes. Finally, the relieving darkness crawled over him and his head tilted to the side, clearing that the famous phantom thief passed out.

Where was he? Everything was quiet. But it wasn't a dangerous silence, it was peaceful. He felt that he laid on something soft, it definitely was a bed. But why? Did Jii save him from this shaddow? No, impossible. He heard birds singing and these weren't his doves.
Slowly, Kaito opened his eyes and shielded his eyes at the blinding morning light. He couldn't refrain to notice his upper body wasn't clothed and a slight blush overcame him.
"...who on earth took my clothes off...? And... bandaged me...?"
Kaito looked rather surprised at the thick and snow white bandage which covered his stomach and finally realized: It was morning.
"I-I was out cold the whole night?!"
Fortunately for him he noticed he still wore his top hat and the monocle, whoever it was made sure to keep his identity a secret.

A soft yawn escaped his mouth and he sighed softly. How could he be so dumb to bring his Meitantei into danger? He sure noticed the sniper behind him, that's why he dissapeared all of sudden without a proper goodbye. Still, he did get shot. At least his Meitantei was safe and unharmed, that already was a success again. Now the only question was again the same one he asked himself at first.
Where on earth was he?

Kaito tried to move his other hand, but froze as he couldn't. He tugged on it, once more not able to pull away. With clenched teeth he looked up, only to see his left hand being chained to the bed frame.
"...great. I'm not gonna leave so soon I guess."
He sure could have opened the handcuffs with ease, but it was impossible to get up with his wound anyway. Now all Kaito could do was waiting and bore himself to death.
While he waited for his kidnapper to show up again he took a look around the room. His coat, shirt and jacket hung over a chair close to the bed. The window was open, leading into a beautiful garden. How naive could his kidnapper be exactly, he could escape with ease. Actually everything in this room was made out of wood and rather decent, but also charming.

A door opening ripped Kaito out of his thoughts and his expression turned surprised as he recognized the one and only Shinichi entering his prison. A short glimpse of relief washed over Shinichis face as he saw Kaito awake and approached him instantly, sitting down on a chair close to his bed.
"You're awake."
"I obviously am. Why am I handcuffed in here?"
"Because I don't want you to run away before I got some answers."
KID couldn't help than to groan and bumped his head back into the pillow. So the figure saving him was Shinichi after all.
"I heard the shot... and saw blood on the edge where you sat. I knew it had been you who got shot. And since you can't use neither your glider nor get far away with an injury like that I just searched in the close area around the museum. I was lucky, it seems~"
KID couldn't help than to roll his eyes, but a smugly grin came onto his lips.
"I didn't see who it was, but that person seemed horrified that something happened to me. My my, is the Meitantei really worried about me~?"
"Of course not!!"
Shinichi averted his gaze, huffing shortly.
"Lets just say I'm not letting you die before I solved you as a mystery."