Part 8

Kaito on the other hand was a bit sweating already. He needed to hurry to get home and into his outfit and then back again in near of the Kudo manori. He grumbled a little as he finally saw Shinichi showing up in the streets.
"Took you long enough..."
Now he made sure he would catch Shinichi's attention with something, a noise or something alike. But that wasn't even necessary as Shinichi immediately saw Kaito in front of him.

His eyebrows furrowed before realization hit him like a train. Cursing loudly, he ran after him.
"KID!! STOP THIS INSTANT!"
Kaito himself began to laugh quietly to himself. Shinichi saw him, now he just had to vanish like usual to escape. With a grin he jumped from roof to roof where he soon found a hiding spot. Fast as usual he changed into his unsuspicious clothes and climbed down on the other side of the building, dissapearing into the mass of people.
Shinichi followed him on the ground as fast as possible but finally lost him. Cursing loudly he changed his direction and ended up in the same crowd Kaito was hiding in. His detective intuition told him clearly Kaito was hiding just in this crowd, he only had to find him. So what did he know about Kaitou KID? The sunlight revealed he had brown hair, but he never saw the hair style thanks to him leaving his tophat on. To that... He was a slim person, but muscular. That was actually all. And of course he needed a backpack or some sort of that to hide his costume in...
Unfortunally for Shinichi, most people had a backpack or anything bag-alike with them and so he had to give in after a long time of searching. He was tired and still didn't look at the new case he got from the police. He needed to leave home, as much as he hated it.

Kaito on the other hand had been watching Shinichi the whole time with a dark grin on his face. He sure enjoyed toying with the boy like that. Now he needed to go back home, too, else Aoko would ask questions again about him being so tired. And this Hakubastard would get way too close again... The boy shivered at that thought, oh how much he hated that detective. He wasn't at all like Kudo Shinichi, way too arrogant. Mentally scoffing, Kaito raised himself from the bench he was sitting on and changed his directions to his home.

"Kaitooooo! BAKAITO! Wake up!!"
Kaito flinched madly and let out a quiet whine.
"Ahoko! Stop yelling into my ear...!"
"Well how couldn't I if you are sleeping in the lesson?!"
Kaito groaned and let his head sink back into his arms. Staying up that late was a huge mistake to do... Especially since Aoko began worrying again since he was shortly ago sick for a long time. But not only that...
"Kuroba Kaito... why so tired?"
This voice belonged to nobody else than Hakuba. The London bastard. Kaito mentally facepalmed, why now of all times?!
"I... heard Kaitou KID got shot last time. And now you were missing for such a long time... Isn't that suspicious~?"
Kaito finally turned around to him with a displeased grumble.
"I am not Kaitou KID, how often do I have to tell you that?!"
"Of course you are Kaitou KID! And I will prove it."
"I have no idea what you are talking about. If you excuse me, I have other things to do than arguying pointlessly with you."
Kaito got up and flashed a last glare at Hakuba, then dissapeared. Aoko blinked twice and turned to Hakuba.
"Hakuba-kun, Kaito is never Kaitou KID! Both are morons but Kaito is way too dumb to be Kaitou KID."
"Maybe you are right..."
In fact Hakuba only agreed with her to not start a discussion. He knew Kaito was Kaitou KID, there wasn't another possibility. And he would definitely catch him before Kudo Shinichi would.

It wasn't long until Kaito returned into the bar. Jii made him a drink, then began to chat a little with him until he brought up this special topic.
"My, bocchama... Two detectives after you, the one full of arrogance and temper while the other one is cold as ice... Who do you prefer?"
Kaito nipped at his drink and sighed shortly, keeping quiet for a second. He thought rather long before a grin came onto his lips.
"If possible I'd like to escape both."
"Of course of course..."
"But if I'd have to choose who catches me... Definitely Kudo-kun. He is way more suitable for a magician extraordinary as I am~ Hakuba really needs a punch into his face from time to time to get him back to reality."
Jii tilted his head and began to wash out a few glasses left behind by customers.
"But I need to say... Saguru Hakuba managed to discover your idenity... Other than Kudo Shinichi."
"Yes... I was too careless that day. But he still has no proof that it's me. That's the first time I was glad Akako put her nose into my business... Without her I'd have been found out."