Chapter 4: Sabbath

Memories. They can be either the best or the worst. A gentle reminder of a relaxed time once passed or a haunting consience of a passed trauma. Bliss and pain; either can show up but neither will stay around forever. Humans can't choose what they remember. It's really quite unfortunate. One may have the best time of their short lives but come 10 years time, it won't be remembered. One may have the worst experience ever and it will haunt them forever, making everyday life painful and not worth living. It's tradgic really.

The devilman crouched down, his heart thumping in his chest, his head pounding.
'Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. No. This can't be happening.'  Ryo watched his beloved Akira as the memories of Sabbath filled his head, writhing around inside of him and gripping his heart. The tears fell. Heavily, they flowed out, onto the ground. Ryo's hands made their way up the side of his face and into his hair, grasping onto the strands.
'I can't let him remember anymore. He now knows that Amon is part of him. No more.'
'Fuck. Can I just kill him? Then he won't be any trouble and in death he can be all mine'
'No. He needs to stay alive. He needs to stay oblivious.'

Akira slowly looked up to the man beside him, tears falling down his face.
"Ryo. What did you do to me?" He stared into his icy blue eyes.
"Y-you sacrificed me to a fucking demon!?"
"It was to keep you safe" he replied, slowly lowering his hands.
"To keep me safe? I'm a fucking monster."
"Akira,, no you're not"
"No. You're right."
"I'm a Devilman"