Chapter 5: The Devilman

The Devilman. The tragic hero of a past life. A human turned demon, living a life of demon hunting to save humanity; only to find out that such hero had become part of a plan to destroy humanity. To destroy the very thing that this hero loved. His friends. His family. All were to be wiped out, causing more sadness to continue.

Relationships, a trivial and complex idea to have. A fragile bond between any species that can break in one wrong move. Then it's all over. No more joy. Only anger or sadness. Relationships are required in society to establish trust and gain popularity or status. Some are needed to reproduce but partners chosen may not last forever. Even after making a strong connection and reproducing, the relationship can break and the couple split up. What about the offspring? What happens to them?

A devilman. Yes. That's what Akira was. He was just a human but was made 'better' thanks to the demon, Amon, residing in his body and soul. Akira stood up to face Ryo, glaring at him through the rivers that fell from his eyes.
"Why did you do it, Ryo?" His voice cracked and the pain he felt could be heard through his voice. Ryo gulped and laughed nervously.
"Well um,, if I told you, you wouldn't believe me. It's not as if I have a chance anyway, you already hate me"
"Just fucking tell me"
The blonde man wiped beads of sweat away that dripped from his forehead.
"I did it so we could stay together forever. Just you, me and all of the demons" A psychotic grin grew onto his face, twisting his once dead expression. Akira's tear flow soon came to a stop as he was filled with only anger, caused by the man infront of him that he once knew.
"Is that why I'm so alone in this world? So we can stay together forever? What happened to my parents, Auntie and Uncle, Miko... and Miki? Did you stop them from existing!? So we could be together?" Memories of all the people that the devilman loved flooded his head. Their existence in the past world was no longer hidden. All the happy times, all the sad times. The memories all came back, flowing into his head like the tears that flowed from his eyes yet again. The devilman let out wails of sorrow and agony, the desire to see them all again only made it so much worse.
Ryo's plan was starting to fail.
Again.