Chapter 9: Rage

Rage. The feeling of intense anger that burns a person's stomach and courses through their veins, making them act on impulse, losing any sense of morality or reason. It's a sensation that drives people wild, either through a sense of relishing the feeling or completely despising it.

That burning sensation was all that Akira knew now. Every other feeling, emotion or sensation was gone. Over powered by the rapidly growing rage that built up inside him. Everything and everyone that he once loved was all gone because of the creature that stood before him. The storm swiftly built up inside of him; swirling and bubbling, ready to explode. It would've taken just one small action to have pushed him over the edge.

It was growing difficult to be able to see Ryo as the hours dragged on. The harsh sun slowly set in the sky, making it go from a gentle blue to a calming pink and eventually the night set in. The darkness wrapped itself around every little nook and cranny, hungrily swallowing everthing up in it's grasp. The pair's surroundings became distorted and haunting, appearing bigger than they actually were. This hungry darkness also swallowed up Ryo from Akira's sight... in an almost familiar way, as if it was where he belonged. The sight of Ryo almost seemed to fade as no moon rose to cast it's forgiving glow on the earth below. The pair's surroundings were only just visible thanks to the flickering street light that sat, lonesome, about fifteen (15) feet away.
It felt like death all over again.
The burning sensation from pure hatred and rage and the darkness that consumed everything in its path all felt too familiar.

Ryo stood, watching with sadistic glee as his beloved broke down not even 10 feet infront of him. The sight of him loosing his mind was all too delicious. Ryo somewhat laughed to himself as he could feel the burning rage seep out of his beloved, filling him with a sense of dread. It was finally time. Amon was ready to break out of Akira's weak human form.
"Akira my dear, what's taking you so long to show off your little magic trick~?" He called out into the darkness in a bitter-sweet singsong. This startled Akira, hearing Ryo's cold voice pierce the silence was chilling. He slammed his head against the concrete floor in a sad attempt to clear his head.
"My... magic trick..." he winced as he smashed his head onto the ground, the force he used making it spin. Then it came to him. The reason why he was a devilman in the first place.
"Amon..."

A/n: Yoyo! Whoops, sorry it took so long to get this chapter out. I just had some stuff going on. Anyway, I hope all 5 of you that actively read this are enjoying it, even if there's basically no chance of romance at this point but then if you wanted romance, why are you reading this lol? But uh yeah, I can't promise chapters to come out faster but I can promise that I am going to finish this one day.
Your antisocial author, Gray, out-