Arthur

"Good Morning Sire." "No you dollophead! I need more sleep!" "It is time. Do you want your food to go cold?" I got out of bed as he pulled out clothes from my wardrobe. Something was off about him. But what was it? "Merlin?" I asked. "Yes sire?" "What's wrong Merls? What happened?" "What are you speaking of sire? Nothing has happened. I am fine. You clotpole!" "Merls?" I walked closer to him while speaking. When he turned we were so close we could kiss. I mean- well... um... I didn't mean that? Yeah I did.

"Yes?" "Would you like to know how I know you're lying to me?" He sighed sarcastically. "Please." "You are calling me sire. And not to annoy me." "Arthur you need to eat and change so you can get about your kingly duties." I stared into his gorgeous eyes. "Fine."

I ate most of my food and began dressing, thinking of Merlin. What had happened? A knock at the door pulled me from my thoughts. "Enter." Merlin pulled down my shirt. Gawain entered my chambers. "You have knights in the throne room." "Then tell them to wait! If the knights wanted me they could have asked!" I exclaimed. I didn't like to be disturbed unless it was Merlin. "They aren't our knights... sire." "I told you not to call me that. Where are the knights from?" "They say they come from the kingdom of Pax." "Ah they are with King Agravaine." I thought aloud. "All I know is that they must speak with you." "You are dismissed." Gawain turned to leave. "Later Merlin!" "Goodbye Sir Gawain." He flipped off Merlin as he left. Merlin finished dressing me and we headed to my throne room.

I gestured for the knights to begin speaking. "Our names are Phillip, William, Thomas and Miles." "Well what are you doing in Camelot?" I asked them. "Our kingdom was taken over by our king's brother. Our king was killed defending his kingdom. But the rest of his family escaped. We are looking for the second born son of our passed king to take back our kingdom." "Well if he's here then to do tell me. What is his name?" "His name is Prince Merlin." I started laughing. "Well certainly not my Merlin! Speaking of. Merlin please fetch me some wine." "Yes My Lord." Merlin walked out from behind my throne and looked at the knights briefly. He brought me my wine. "Can you bring the men to rooms for them to stay in?" "Yes Arthur." He nodded and led the knights out of the room.

I wanted Merlin to myself today and he's been with those knights for over an hour. I groaned as I pulled my shirt off. "Sire?" There was a knock. "Enter." Merlin opened the door. "We're going hunting now Merlin. Help me get ready." "Yes." He grabbed some hunting clothes and helped me get ready. "I'll ready our horses." I nodded and he went to the stables.

I snuck into the stables and put my hand over Merlin's mouth and I held him tight. He struggled only for me to tighten my grip. Merlin threw his elbow into my ribs and turned to face me. He was strong! "Oh! I'm so sorry my lord! Had I known it was you I would have never-" I interrupted him. "You're stronger than you look. Let's head out."

We rode and talked as usual. Chuckling at the occasional joke. We dismounted and began roaming about. "So then Sir Gawain was-" Merlin stopped mid-sentence and clasped his hand over my mouth. He sent me a look that read 'run!' And so I ran, making sure he ran with me. I ran and ran until I had reached the horses. "Merlin why were we running?!" No answer. I turned to see no trace of the dark-haired man. "Merlin?!" No. He's not gone. They didn't take him. He was with me. He's just playing around. "Merlin!! MERLIN! This is not funny!! COME HERE NOW! MERLIN!!!" I searched the forest and saw something shine in the light. I bent down near it. No. It couldn't be. Blood. Merlin's blood.

I jumped on my horse and rode to Camelot. I needed to get knights. I rode through the gates and immediately called all of my knights and the knights of Pax to the throne room once more. "We're going on a rescue mission." "Excuse me sire," One of the knights of Pax said, "who are we searching for?" "My manservant. Merlin." All of the knights tensed. Merlin had befriended the knights that he'd known for a mere few hours. It was no surprise. Everyone was friends with Merlin. And some lucky girl was more than that. The doors to the throne room slammed open. "Who are you and why are you disrupting this meeting?!" I asked the woman. The knights bowed to her. "Princess Danielle." She smiled and gestured for them to stand. "Now. You are King Arthur if I'm correct?" "Yes." "Are you going to help the kingdom of Pax?" "Later." "You do realize that we are a magic kingdom, yes?" I hadn't thought about that. "All the royals have magic. Even some of our citizens." "So you? And your brothers?" "I have magic..." she looked down. "And so does my brother Merlin... Thomas... he passed." "I'm sorry for your loss. But we have to deal with this matter later. Right now I'm heading on a rescue mission." "Pardon me but what rescue mission could be important enough for the king himself to go." "My manservant has gone missing. I'm going to find him." I'd do anything for Merlin. "Couldn't you get another one sire?" No. I could never replace Merlin. Ever. "Merlin has served me loyally for years." She froze. "M-Mer-" "No M'lady. Not your brother Merlin." She nodded. "Well I'm going on this trip either way. Let's go, knights." She and her knights left and I sighed. It's my fault that Merlin's gone.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. "He'll be fine," Gawain reassured me. "Let's hurry."

We rode with one thought on all of our minds. Merlin. The lady Danielle rode behind me with her knights. She rode up to me. "M'lady." "Sire." She shared my absolute love for titles. "Danielle." "Yes Arthur." "I don't know if I can help Pax." "Whyever not?" "Magic is evil-" She sighed angrily. "I'll give you the same speech my brother gave anyone who thought the way you do. If the holder of the blade hurts someone would you punish the man or the blade?" "The man." "Magic is but a tool. Just like a sword. A sword can neither be evil or good, correct?" "I suppose." "So only if one uses magic for evil is it wrong. But magic can be used for beauty and good." She clasped her hands together and with a flash of gold from her eyes, a blue light emerged. "Th-that's magic?" "Yes. Have you seen it before?" "When Merlin was sick... The light helped me save him." "You care for him?" "No. He's my manservant. Nothing more." "Prat." She chuckled. I smiled. "You would get along with Merlin. He loves calling me that." She smiled fondly.

The sky was turning dark. "Let's make camp here," Danielle said to her knights. "No. We keep going." "Hush prat. We need to rest." "Fine." One of the knights started a fire and the rest set up camp. I can not believe that she would make us stop! Merlin was too important to stop! Yet here we are!