𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX( blood calls to blood, part i )

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
( blood calls to blood, part i )

Getting into an arranged marriage with the woman was bad enough, not to mention the fact that said woman was the same person who was having Jax be killed. But now that he received word that his sister was arrested, she's gone too far. "Lydia, listen. About Isabelle-" Alec said the moment he walked into her office.

"Isabelle is arrested on the grounds that she helped Jax and Meliorn escape. There is nothing I could do," Lydia cut him off, not looking up from her stack of papers. For obvious reasons, that made Alec grew even more frustrated. She was acting as if these things were out of her hands. And even though Alec knew that the orders came from the Clave, Lydia wasn't completely powerless in the situation. He knew she had to have a say in Isabelle arrest. But why isn't she doing anything? By the angel, she said that she would help him. And yet here she is, doing nothing.

"There must be something we can do," he insisted, pacing around the office. He wasn't willing to let his sister get taken to trial just like that. If she is convicted, then she'll be stripped of her runes and banished, Alec would never see her again if that happened.

"I know I said that I could help, but only if you give me a way to do it. Trading the Cup for her freedom can work but like you said, Clary Fairchild has the Cup and now she's gone."

Alec sighed, knowing better that she wouldn't be giving off any favors until she got hat she waned; The Mortal Cup. Alec himself would've handed over the Cup if it meant saving his sister and the werewolf he'd started to have feelings for. But Alec would be lying if he knew where the Cup was. "But," Lydia added, making Alec look up to her. "I convinced the Clave not to execute Jax Harper."

His heart tugged upon hearing her words, as if it was giving a huge relieved sigh. Alec tried not to smile, he really did, but the corner of his lips still tug upwards ever so slightly. At first he felt shocked, then happiness, then relief, until it settled on one emotion. "How?" Confusion.

Lydia fumbled with the papers she was holding, her lips pursed. She had been so adamant on executing the werewolf, it surprised even the Clave when she then begged for his life to be spared."What he said to me back at the interrogation room.. it makes sense," she sighed, as if she didn't really want to admit it. "With his knowledge and connections to the Downworlders, I was able to convince them that he would be of more use to us alive than dead. However, they're not willing to just forget about his past crimes and frankly,neither do I."

Alec was about to say something but Lydia held out her hand, stopping him so she could explain herself. "There is only so much I can do, Alec. Jax killed a mundane, he needs to pay for his actions," Lydia stated firmly. "But at least he won't be dead," she pointed out when she noticed the look on his face.