Chapter 1: My Loneliness, my hope

Akane's POV

"So empty.." I confessed unhappily, I found myself lying upon my bedside, while the other side was cold and empty...The man I love, for whom I am missing...His name, Kazuma Homura. When I first set my eyes upon him, he was a charming, regal, and yet he was a handsome prince. My prince! Brown hair, and brown wine eyes. His semblance alone had me in awe. I was more than just drawn to him, the more I had spent time with him...The further I loved him. From the time when we were close friends. He soon asked me out, and from then on, we became star-crossed.

I knew that from day one, we've had some special sparkling in our hearts....Not just that, but something had happened that would transform our lives forever. He took me to a restaurant, and we ate and of course had much fun and time spent together. Right before we were going to go and leave, he got on one knee and proposed to me. I was so shocked that I didn't have any answer, but I accepted after having shared a romantic bliss with him. We had attracted a crowd and there were a lot of people clapping and cheering, I had tears in my eyes as Kazuma smiled with his upon me.

From then on, we planned the wedding with Kazuma's mother and father. When I happily notified my parents of the news, they started crying joyfully, saying how I was all small than compared to how grown up I am now. I was grateful and overjoyed on how they accepted Kazuma and I being together for the rest of our days.

I go over to his coffin and I saw no progress, "hm...no reaction today either.." I close the door behind me and I go to the kitchen. My stomach rumbles on the way there, "I might as well make myself some food since all the maids and butlers are asleep..." Yes all the people in this mansion, are vampires. When I married Kazuma, he told me that his whole family and estate were vampires. I was scared at first, but If all the vampires were as kind as he was, I wouldn't have any problem living with them and so far none of the vampires were mean to me or attacked me for blood since I was the only human living here.

I open the kitchen door and I grabbed some pans on my way and I see a maid with blonde golden hair, blue sapphire eyes, and her very small stature, opening the door to the kitchen, I knew who she was so I called her name, "Good Morning Aya...Did I wake you up..?" She yawns, "Oh no Mistress...I just was cleaning the restrooms around here, and I was organizing my room..." I smiled, "But so early...? Aren't vampires nocturnal...?" Aya nods, "Yes we are, but there are vampires that can be like humans and sleep in the night and get up in the day...Master Kazuma taught us how to stay awake during the day..." I nod understanding what she was saying.

Aya looks at me and then the pan that I had in my hand, "Were you going to make yourself something to eat miss...?" I nod, "Yes...I was getting hungry, so I was going to cook myself some food..." Aya took the pan from me, "No no Miss, You can't cook...that is why we are here...so what would you like...?" I shake my head, "No Aya...I can do it.." I was going to reach for the pan, but Aya stepped back, "No Miss, Master Kazuma would not like it for you to cook, that's why us maids exist...so what would you like?"

I knew that Aya would be hard to convince, so I subcutaneously agreed, "Ok...I would like some eggs, bacon, some toast, and Cafe con Leche...Thanks, Aya..." Aya smiles and nods, "Coming right up Miss...please go sit in the dining room..." I nod and I go sit down in the large regal dining room, 'If you can even call it a dining room...It's huge!' I could never get used to this life, but being with Kazuma made my life more colorful, even if he wasn't human he was still my loved one and the person I truly love.

After a while I saw Aya come in the dining room with my food and she places it down on the huge table, "Thanks again Aya....I'm sorry if I troubled you in any way..." She shakes her head, "It's alright miss...I am always here for you and Master Kazuma..." She smiles and then leaves for the kitchen. At that moment I sensed something familiar, I don't know what, but it's like I knew this feeling. I finished my food, and I headed up to my room.

When I opened the door, I saw Kazuma's coffin open, I was getting real worried and I was a bit panicky, "Kazuma..?" No answer, I tried again, " Kazuma...?" This time the room around me started to feel kind of cold, "Why did this room get cold all of a sudden...?" I mumbled to myself. I then felt someone behind, so I turned around and I gasp, " K-kazuma..?" His skin was a pale white, his eyes looked so drained, and his hair didn't have their color. "Akane..." 

I gulped, 'Was this really Kazuma...?' He gets closer to me, "Akane...I...need blood...please I'm hungry.." I was a bit shocked, but then I remembered, 'He's a vampire...of course he would look like this...he hasn't drank any blood...in two years' I nod, "Ok..but can we move to the bed...so It won't be that painful...?" He nods and I sit on the bed and Kazuma sits next to me, "I'm Sorry Akane..I can't hold back...but I'll try not to hurt you..."

I nod again, "I know...just let your instincts kick in..." I saw my favorite brown wine eyes turn into platinum white, and I gasp slightly. He then lays me down on the bed and hovers over my neck. I could feel his quickening breath hitching while he was getting closer for a bite,. I then felt his fangs pierce through my skin, like a needle. I yelp out in pain, 'Ouch...it hurts...!' The sun silently emits light through the glass paned window. Lighting up what was happening, I could see Kazuma slightly burning,so I move the both of us, so that my back would be facing the sun.

I was trying to contain myself from screaming for Kazuma's sake. Kazuma was taking a bit too much, but I knew that he needed my blood. After a while the pain subsided, and something else krept up into the mixture...Pleasure..., but as soon as it had started it had ended because Kazuma pulls back and says softly, "Are you alright...? Did it hurt that badly?"

I nodded, "Yea I'm ok..." I smiled weakly, He sighs, When I looked at him, color had come back to his cheeks and his eyes seemed more alive, and color came back to his hair. His eyes than returned to his brown wine eyes. He grabs some bandages from the nightstand beside the bed, and he wraps it around my neck and leaves a gentle kiss. He then kisses my forehead and chuckles, "Well...thank you for being with me..." 

I caress his cheek, "I will always be with you..anyhow, I'm sleepy..." I yawn and Kazuma chuckles again and lays down beside me, "Then sleep my sweet Princess...I'll be with you..." I snuggled even closer to him and I closed my eyes, letting my heavy eyelids close and being surrounded by darkness...