Chapter 4: Thoughts

Kazuma' POV

I felt Akane fall asleep in my arms, I was getting kind of getting concerned, she keeps on becoming more and more tired. Im getting worried if it's due to me taking too much blood...I sigh. I gently put Akane's head on the bed pillow, while covering her body with the blanket. I go out of the room. I went out to the garden, It was already midnight, which for me is the perfect night for Vampires.

I hear some of the maids and servants wake up. I then see one of the cooks, his name was Hikaru, he was yawning while he was stepping outside into the oblivious night. I caught his attention yelling his name, "Hey Hikaru!" He sees me and bows, "O-oh hello Master Kazuma..." I smile to him, "So getting some fresh air?" He nods nervously, "Y-yes...um...Is that bad?" I shake my head, "No! It's just that your the only one out here so..."

"Oh...It's just that it's a beautiful night, ya know..?" I could see his eyes sparkle like the stars in the sky, twinkling and shining, he just kept of staring up, and after a while I broke the silence, "So...Hikaru...you were a doctor right? Before you came here as a cook?" He nods, "Yes I have both professions in cooking and I have a doctor's degree..." I gasp, "Wow...Well anyway...I want to ask you, could you check Akane...to see if she has an illness or if she is sick?" He nods, "Oh ok...I can do that tomorrow..."

I nod, "Yea that would be great..." I wave at him and I head inside once more.

I sighed and I headed into Mine and Akane's room, as I opened the door I could see that Akane was still sleeping peacefully. I entered the room and as I got closer to the bed in the middle of the room, I could hear Akane's light snores, I chuckled, and I sat right next to her, to which she opened her eyes slowly and in a groggy voice said, "K-kazuma? What time is it?" She was pretty much still half asleep, I smiled and I slowly ruffled her hair, she leaned against my touch, I look at my watch that I had on my left arm, "Um...It's 11:00 pm, my dear..."

She chuckles, "You called me, 'my dear'.....I like the sound of it..." She was blushing and so was I. I took off my shoes and I slipped into the covers with Akane, who was laying her head back on the pillow and barely keeping awake. Once I covered myself I laid beside Akane and she was again asleep, I just looked at her pale white features, her dark blond hair, her amethyst eyes, I was falling for their depths, I just kept staring and staring at them. If it was even possible, I was falling for her even more.

I sighed, trying not to wake her up. I slowly closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep, since it was already night time, well Akane was still human, but I of course was a vampire. I was going to decide if I was going to tell her if she wanted to be turned into a vampire, but I doubt her parents wouldn't want that, and I don't want to limit her to not going outside, at day. I was silently going through my thoughts just waiting until the next day came, so I could know is Akane was alright. I opened my eyes once more and I grabbed my phone that was charging on my bedside nightstand, 'Huh...It's 11:00 pm...wow...I really can't sleep...'

I unlock my phone with my password, which was obviously, 'Usagi Akane'.I scroll through my Instagram and I see that my friends had posted some things, 'Lol Mika...you just posted a picture of your girlfriend, Yuichiro...' His girlfriend and Mika were friends with me and we just called her Yuu, to which Mika calls her Yuu-Chan..

I go back liking almost every comment. I then see my moms instagram and I saw that she had put me and Akane's wedding photos online saying, "Look! MY son got married! Isn't he and his wife cute?!?" I blushed, I then looked at the comments,

"He does!"

"Omg your right!"

"Congratulations!"

"Ometetogozaimasu"

"Me and Yuu-Chan are close to getting married too!"

I smiled at those comments, and I chuckled at Mika's comment. I commented back, "Thank you everybody! ^^" I then went to my reading app, and read some books that I had found interesting, 'Wow...Shinobu is actually pregnant?!? What how did she not know!' I was getting really angry at the main character of the book I was reading, which was about this girl Shinobu Takatsuki, and this University professor, Miyagi Yoh, Shinobu was 18 and she was barely still deciding what university she was going to, Miyagi was 35. Shinobu's sister, her name was Risako Takatsuki, she was Miyagi's ex-wife.

In the story I was reading, Risako had just learned about her sisters relation to her ex-husband, and she was being a total prick about it. Shinobu was talking to her friend Hidori, when she got sick and had to go to the bathroom. I am still waiting for the next book to come out. I was pretty sure she was. I closed my book, and I sighed again which seemed like the 17th time tonight, and I looked over to Akane.

I went over to my bedside, and I sat on top of the cover over Akane,she was lightly snoring. I sighed and went back to reading silently.

. . .