Chapter 6: The Talk

"Hwa..." I got up, and I felt very tired. I looked around and I remembered what had happened the day before, and I look at Akane's sleeping face. Trying not to disturb her sleep, I slowly rub her eyelids with my thumb. I get up gently, and I kiss her forehead softly. I silently grab a notepad out of the nightstand drawer and I write, "Off to work..If you need anything you can tell Aya, or Hikaru, or Liam..." I place the note on the nightstand and I silently dress myself and I head out the door.

I come to the kitchen, and Aya was making breakfast for me, "Good Morning Aya...sorry if I woke you up...you know you don't have to get up, so early just to make me breakfast..." She shakes her head, "It's alright Master Kazuma...I'm pretty honored to make your food, so.." She brings me my food, "Itadakimasu.." I thank the food and I start eating. The mellow sweet taste of the syrup in my mouth, alongside the buttery and bread pancakes.It was delicious, I finished my milk and pancakes, I then thanked Aya for making them and I was off to work at the company.

. . .

I got to the company and I saw all of my employees. I went into my office and I started to work on out new project that we were going to do. As I was working, someone came inside my office, but I knew there voice, "What do you need Mikaela?" I hear him sulk, "I just wanted to talk..." I sigh and I look up at Mika, "Yea and? What do you want to talk about?" I see Mika sit down on the chair, "So...what's your guys's news huh?"

I was confused at what he saw asking, "What?I don't understand you..." He sighs, "Have you guys done it yet?" I was still confused, "Done what?" He makes a bigger sigh as to calm himself down, "You are so innocent Kazuma...I mean is Akane...um pregnant?" I blushed, now I knew what he meant, "Jeez! We are at work Mika! Have some decency!" I sigh while he was snickering, I nod and It was his turn to be surprised, "Really?!?" 

I nod again. He becomes serious again, "Ometetogozaimas!" He chuckled and was clapping, "Well Yuu-Chan and I are planning our wedding..would you be my right hand man?" I was shocked, "M-me? W-why?" Now It was my turn to be very surprised, "Yea! You're my best friend and the only ever person that I trust as a fellow vampire..."

I was shocked, but in the inside, I was a bit happy. "Sure...so when are you planning to have the wedding?" He pauses to think, "Um...Yuu-Chan and I were thinking of having it next month..." I smiled, "Cool! I'll tell Akane!" Mika smiles more brightly, "You better come! Or else!" I chuckle, "Ya know it! I wouldn't miss my best friend's wedding!It would be rude of me.."

He then chuckles, "Ok then...I'll go work now boss..." He chuckles again while he leaves my office. I concentrate back on my work that I didn't realize that people had already left. I looked at my computer's time and I was shocked, "8:00 pm?!?"

 I looked at my window, and the sun was already down. I gather my things quickly, "I wonder how Akane is doing..." Even though I was at work or somewhere else, Akane was always on my mind.

It made me flustered, but I love her ya know. I walk back to the big huge mansion. Guards were outside the door waiting, "Good morning sir...did you have a safe trip back?" I nod, "Yes.." They let me in and I head towards the kitchen. I hear pots and pans being moved, so I looked in the kitchen and I saw Akane sitting at the dining table talking to one of the maids, so I interrupt, "Hey Akane..."