ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

"If you were born with the weakness to fall you were born with the strength to rise",so said my favorite author,Rupi Kaur,a Canadian poet,writer,illustrator and performer of Punjabi descent.
My reason for writing this book is because there are people living with mental disorders while most of these "cool kids" make a trend of it. When I started writing this book,I was in pain,I was lost,confused and alone,not knowing whether to put up with all the negativity or commit suicide. I never thought I'd live to see my first ever book make it to your hands. With this book,I hope you will find more interest in life and none in death,I hope you will stop slitting your wrist to try and "numb" your depression for a moment,I hope you will realize that you are indeed a blessing.
I never knew how many souls were touched by my poetry until I created a page on Facebook,'Broken Souls'. Everyone seemed to always relate to most of my experiences,be it good or bad.
"Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion,but an escape from emotion;it is not the expression of personality,but an escape from personality. But,of course,only those who have personality and emotions know what it means to want to escape from these things",said Thomas Stearns Eliot( 26 September 1888-4 January 1965),who was a British essayist,publisher,playwright,literary and social critic,and one of the twentieth century's major poets.