Chapter 3

Nico's POV:
I walked around for a few days, nibbling my leftovers when I thought was necessary. Till I reached a smallish town. Not a lot of people. Perfect.
I roamed the town a little, checking out the buildings and stores and all that.
Seems decent.
Now all I need is to find a moderately sized, inconspicuous alley to crash in. Not so easy in a town this size. But,  it's not like I had a choice, it was getting darker, and as expected, colder. I'm really regretting leaving Percy's blanket behind. I should have just asked if I could keep it.
But,  too late for that.
Actually,  it's too late for anything now. I should really find somewhere to sleep.

Easier said than done.

I kept moving for a while, till I found a slightly run down, hopefully abandoned building.
I went up to the door and knocked. No response. Pretty much desperate,  I knocked harder.
On its own or not, the door creaked open.
I walked in.
"Hello, " No answer.
"Anyone home?"
"Or live here" I added under my breath,  in case someone was actually listening.
I heard nothing. So I decided to push my luck and explore a bit.
It was obviously old, probably abandoned. Not a lot of furniture. I wonder why no one's torn it down yet.
At least it's better than sleeping beside a dumpster.
I curled up in a corner an quickly fell asleep.

---Next day---
I sat up slowly, wondering how long I slept, I hardly sleep more than two or three hours. So basically I probably have some eating disorder and I'm sleep deprived. I'm honestly surprised I'm not dead,  well not yet anyway.
I was surprised to find that it was morning. Not like 5 a.m morning. It was broad daylight.
I took in my surroundings. The house I was in, if you could even call it that, looked run down, creaky, damp and covered in cobwebs. Weirdly enough, I didn't mind. It means less people are likely to come in here, which also means less people are likely to find me.
I got up and went to check the place out now that I can actually see. There was a kitchen. I checked the cupboards. Nothing in there but a bunch of spiders mad at me for intruding.
I headed upstairs and found two bedrooms and a bathroom.
The bedrooms were devoid of furniture. But the bathroom didn't look too bad. That's all there was to see. So I went back downstairs. Having nothing else to do, I headed outside. Which was probably not a good idea seeing as everywhere was still covered in snow and ice, and I was too weak from lack of food to be moving. But I can't stay still to long, as weak as I am. So I went outside anyway, grabbing a jacket from the coat hanger that was still there for some reason. For once I'm actually lucky.

I walked around town again. It wasn't actually that bad. Normal people going about their normal lives. I even saw a small park. It looked abandoned, there seems to be a lot of abandoned places in this town. Maybe it had something to do with the forest that makes up one side of the park.
Then why would anyone build a park next to a forest if it was dangerous. Perhaps that's why it's closed, a wild animal attack maybe.
Unfortunately, being stupid, reckless and very, very bored I head for the forest anyway.

It's not so bad, it's actually kind of calming. I love nature. It's peaceful, and it doesn't judge you for not having a house to live in, or a family to love.
I'm not going to get into that. It hurts too much.
So I focus on everything else.
I kneel to examine the forest floor, finding it bare, apart from my footprints and some fallen leaves. Which means there aren't any animals, or they don't come here much. I walked deeper into the forest hearing nothing but birds fluttering once in awhile, and the occasional crack of twigs under my feet. I climb a tree to see if I find something anywhere farther.
Not finding anything relatively threatening to my well being,  I decide to hang here for a while.

I jump down from the tree. And go in even deeper. I look around some more, noting random birds and trees I recognize.

I was so caught up in my nature watching, that my normally acute senses didn't pick up the movement behind me.
I could usually hear someone quite easily, or I'd just, well, sense someone around me. But when I need them, these abilities fail me. "Well, hello child. " Some random creepy voice says which makes me jump. "What the... "
He chuckles. "What do we have here? "He starts to circle me, not too close, but close enough to grab me if I tried to run.
"W-what do you want? "
He smiles. He seems to find me amusing. He doesn't answer and keeps on circling me, looking at me like I'm some sort of prey. Which of course fits the situation perfectly.
Seeing as I can't escape just yet, I finally decide to take a good look at him, he had blond hair and blue eyes.

He pushes his hair back and I see a scar on across his face. He looks scary and naturally, dangerous. I knew I shouldn't have come in here. Now I'm probably going to die. I always knew it was coming but not like this.
"Cat got your tongue? " I realize he said something and I wasn't listening.
"What? " I ask. He shoves me and I land hard on the ground.
"Pay attention when I'm talking to you, human. " He says through gritted teeth.
"I'm sorry? " I reply,  both scared and confused. Human. That's what he called me. Which means he's either not human, or he's in denial. I hope it's the latter.
"Good. You should be. " He says calming down a little.
"I normally end your type on sight, you should be grateful you're still alive."
"Now answer my question, what are you doing here?" He crouches, so we're eye to eye.
"Um, I was- I was just walking. "
He laughs softly "What's a weak scrawny little thing like you doing walking around in a forest?"
"I- well I... "
He shakes his head and laughs again. "Unfortunately for you, you're trespassing. Fortunately for me, you're cute, so I will keep you alive, for now." I'm confused again and even more scared. But I'm somewhat relieved I get to live a little longer. I think he notices.
"Oh, trust me, you will wish you were dead soon enough." He's looking at something behind me.
Or someone.
I then find one hand over my mouth. He then puts his own hand on my neck.

Then all see is black.

A/N:  This is the longest chapter so far, and I'm kinda proud of myself, coz I really wanted to end this chapter here. Please comment, tell me what you think, if there are any spelling errors or grammar errors, let me know. I hope it isn't too bad so far. Oh, jsyn, the next chapter is kinda sad. So be prepared.
SPOILER ALERT!
Nico goes through some pretty messed up shit.
I'll leave the rest to your imagination till I update. Which will,  hopefully, be soon.
I'm out. PEACE!!!  ✌