Chapter 12

Lou-Ellen's POV:
I watch, frozen in shock, as Will grabs Cecil by his neck and slams him into the wall. The burning rage in his now crimson eyes astounds me. I know Will doesn't like to see anyone get hurt, and this boy is really hurt, but his reaction to this is a little too... reactive. It's completely unlike him. The guy who literally wouldn't hurt a fly, is currently attempting to strangle his best friend.

Who is also my best friend.

Yeah, I should probably do something.

"Will, stop it!" I yell, rushing over to the both of them. "It wasn't his fault."
He suddenly drops Cecil and turns to me. "It wasn't his fault?" He asks quietly." It wasn't his fault?" He repeats, louder.
"In what way was it not his fucking fault?!" He was yelling now, his eyes pinned on me as he angrily pointed a finger towards Cecil, who was still sprawled on the floor.
"He knows very well what Belladonna does," Will continued. "He knew the effect it would have before he gave the boy, but did that stop him? No, He went ahead anyway!"

"It was only supposed to last four hours, neither of us expected this to happen." I quickly defended - even though I'm pretty sure I warned Cecil before all of this, but let's not talk about that right now.
"Why are you so bothered anyway?" I queried after Will had calmed down some.

"I-I don't know. I just... I don't know. " He sighs, running a hand through his hair- something I know he does when he's really stressed or really frustrated, or sometimes, like in this case, both.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for yelling. And I'm sorry for hurting you." He says, the latter statement directed at Cecil as Will helped him up.
"It's okay," He responds quickly. "It was kinda my fault. I forgot how bad he was hurt. I should have figured it would make the effects worse."

We stare at each other for a while, until we hear a throat being cleared behind us. I am ashamed to say we all jumped, so I won't say it. Anyways, we had forgotten Asclepius' presence behind us and quickly turned our attention to him.

"While this is a rather touching reconciliation, I have work to do." He says, gesturing the boy.

"What else is there, I thought you said he was fine?" Cecil asked the doctor.
"Well, he's fine, health wise. Currently at least. But that will not last if he's wounds are not cleaned, stitched and bandaged. They
will get infected and cause more problems. So therefore, if you all will excuse me..." Cecil and I nod and were about to leave when Will spoke up.

"Would you- um -would you mind if I stayed and helped out a little?"
I wasn't surprised by Will's question, he usually comes down to the clinic to assist Asclepius time and again, or to simply watch him work. But I think this time, He was more interested in the patient than in the process.

Asclepius nods."Of course. You're assistance is always welcome. Go and wash up quickly. We need to begin as soon as possible." He orders, shooing Will towards a nearby washroom.

Cecil and I leave the room because we weren't sure we were needed. But we don't leave the clinic entirely because, needed or not, our job is still to protect Will, so we need to be close at all times.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We wait outside for what seems like hours, before Will comes out looking, well, whatever a mixture of sad and murderous would look.
"What happened? Is something wrong? " Cecil asks immediately, probably still feeling guilty.

Will just shakes his head. "I shouldn't have asked to help. What I saw, Lou, it was...." He begins but trails off with a sigh.
I had the feeling I knew what he was talking about.
"You saw the bite mark?" I inquire, even though I already know.
He flinches, like he's remembering, then nods slowly.
"I saw that and so much worse. I'm honestly surprised He lived through all that." Will states and I shiver, wondering what could possibly be worse than that.
" I'd have ended it if it'd been me. I wonder if he tried to, you know... " Will continues. I replay Will's words over and over.
The real question isn't if he tried, it's how many times he tried and failed or even got caught and probably punished. I was beginning to feel a lot more sympathy for our unfortunate guest.

Cecil breaks the silence soon after. "As much as I hate to leave, I'm sure your father wouldn't like you missing your lessons."
Will groans before sulkily trudging out of the clinic.
"I want to stay with him." Will says after a few minutes of us walking and him staring back at the clinic time and again.
"We could always come back when you're done, I mean it's not like he's going anywhere anytime soon." I say, and immediately wish I could swallow my words at the expression that crossed Will and Cecil's faces. Then I realize that its completely possible that he won't be there when we get back.
"Oh. I see. Let's just get this over with, it's only a couple hours. The sooner you're done, the sooner we an get back."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unfortunately, a couple hours turn into a couple days, and a couple days turn into a couple weeks. My father keeps me busy practically 24/7 with lessons, training and a bunch of other random pointless things. I got no opportunity to go back to the clinic. Neither did Cecil and Lou-Ellen because it we as their job to stay with me. I kept looking for the smallest excuse I could find to leave but my father's servants would "coincidentally" have something or other my father has asked me to do.
I couldn't even go out to hunt and had to get someone to bring me some blood from the blood bank. I was getting frustrated because I could find no reason for my father to keep me detained