Chapter 1

Tord's P.O.V
I sat in my office, chair turned towards the window so I could look out.
Damn, it felt great to be in power. I finally succeeded in taking most of the world over, and everyone feared me.
I was in the final stage, taking this last country over.
All over, posters to join my army littered the walls of buildings and soldiers marched through towns.
I got lost in daydreaming, when a sudden knock jolted me back into reality.
"Come in!" I yelled, keeping faces towards the window.
"Sir, you have a meeting in 15 minutes."
Ah, Thomas. His voice was cold and monotone, as it had been for the past year.
He rarely showed emotion, though every once in a while he'd get pissed or crack a smile.
I turned around to face him. His visor replaced his black eyes with neon green ones. His brown hair came up in tufts as it always had.
I offered him a smile.
"Thank you, Thomas. I'd forgotten about it."
I placed my hands on my desk and pushed myself up, popping my back in the process.
He nodded curtly as I walked over to him, wrapping my hands around his waist.
His face remained emotionless and I let out a small chuckle.
"Why so serious, Thomas?" I purred, gently swaying from side to side.
He sighed and wrapped his hands behind my neck, resting them against my back. His fingers were cold and sent a chill down my spine.
"I've always been serious on duty, Tord."
I rolled my eyes and parted away from him, watching his hands fall to his sides.
"You don't have to have your guard up when it's just the two of us. But, that'll be all. You're dismissed." I said, waving my hand towards the door.
He saluted me slightly before heading to the exit.
As he reached the door, I spoke.
"And Thomas."
He froze.
"Be prepared for a talk with me later."
He didn't give any signal, but only opened the door and softly shut it.