Chapter 4

Tord's P.O.V
Tom and I were in our room, unwinding after the long day.
I laughed once more, a crazed look in my eyes.
"I still can't believe Edd was the leader of the rebellion! He actually thought he had a chance to win against me!" I wiped tears from my eyes, letting out a burst of giggles.
Tom kept quite as he pulled a fresh set of clothes out of the closet.
"I'm gonna take a shower."
He walked over to the bathroom and closed the door, a click following a second later after the door had been pulled shut.
That was something that bothered me. He never let anyone see what he looked like without his visor anymore, not even me.
He had to take it off during showers, to avoid getting water on it.
I let out a low growl, frustration forming in the pit of my stomach.
He had the audacity to keep things from me!
I didn't wear my eyepatch around him, why can't he let me see him without his visor for 10 minutes?!
I sighed in frustration, because there was no point in being upset.
I guess it was nothing personal, considering the look he gave Edd when he saw him, or should I say the absence of one.
He didn't let out a cry of joy to see him nor did he look at him with disgust. He simply looked like he didn't care.
I guess I got lost in my train of thought, because a moment later, Tom came out of the bathroom, his wet hair combed upwards.
He only had a towel wrapped around his waist, showing off his toned stomach.
I let out a low whistle and grinned.
"Looking good, hot stuff." I called out.
He sighed, but a small smile cracked his lips.
"I only forgot boxers, don't get too excited." He said, reaching into his drawers.
I gave a playful sigh of annoyance and rolled over onto my stomach.
He retreated back into the bathroom but came back out two minutes later, dressed in shorts and an oversized tee shirt.
This was unusual, Tom usually came out dressed in formal pajamas, long sleeves shirt with long bottoms, both fitting correctly on his frame.
I cocked my eyebrow in confusion, but the corners of my mouth were turned up.
"What's with the get up?"
"It's getting hot out. Plus, you said you wanted for me to let my guard down around you more often."
Tom crawled into the bed, laying down next to me.
The bed creaked and groaned under the sudden shift in weight.
I raked my fingers through his damp hair before sitting up.
"I should go chat with our "guest"." I grinned evilly.
Tom gave me a disapproving look, but said nothing.
I pulled my coat on and walked down the corridors, taking Pau and Pat with me.
As I reached the damp and dark place, the smell of mold filled the air.
These cells weren't kept in the best condition, for better or worse. But, it comforted me knowing that my prisoners weren't comfortable.
I kicked the bars a little, the sound echoing through the long hall.
I heard a groan and some movement.
"Edd! Glad to see you're awake."
Dirty silence followed, I could tell he was angry, but I pressed on.
"So, old friend, how did the war treat you? I hoped you were alright, but seeing as you were running the rebellion, I guess you were doing a little bit better than what I'd like."
I chuckled sourly, thinking about what I was gonna do to him.
"Well, you'll set an example for all the other rebels! They'll see what happens when you defy me."
I let out a crazed laugh, kicked his bars one more time, and headed back to the upper floor, Pat and Pau trailing behind me.
"You two stay stationed outside of this door. Inform me if you hear any suspicious noises."
They gave a curt nod and I headed back to my room.
Tom was sprawled out on the bed, fast asleep. I sighed, taking in his sleeping face.
I swear, the only time his guard was truly down was when he slept.
It's like a weight had been lifted off of him, he no longer wore a cold frown but instead his pink lips parted slightly as he slept. His eyes weren't hardened, but relaxed as his chest moved rhythmically up and down. He seemed less tense in general.
I threw my coat off and carefully climbed into bed, trying not to disturb him.
I wonder what my life would be like without him, if he had been killed by the explosions and I hadn't saved him.
I lifted a hand to his face and gently caressed him. His pale skin was very warm, yet when I held his hand it was ice cold.
I kept a hold of his hand as I let sleep wash over me, clouding my vision and brain, until I drifted off peacefully.