Chapter One

Unedited

Marshall Lee was strumming his axe bass and humming a song he was writing.

"Got it" He said and grabbed a piece of paper and wrote down lyrics and notes. He just made this song. When he finally was done and went to get an apple but was surprised to see his mother raiding his fridge. She looked up like a child caught in the cookie jars. Marshall crossed his arms and smiled at his mother.

"Marshall I was just getting a snack before...Well that doesn't matter! We need to talk" His mother said closing the fridge. She walked over and hugged her son. He hugged her back. He had an okay relationship with his mother now but he was still a little hurt over the fries. She was actually trying to be his mother now, which made him happy. He missed her, she gave up on him as a mother when she took over the NightO'Shpere. He had to grow up all alone in the ruins of the old world. Simone was like a mother then she left him to. They finally broke the hug.

"What's up mom?" Marshall Lee said handing her a glass of blood. He kept some just in case he got badly hurt this way he could heal faster. He took a sip of his glass to. They were sitting down at his table in the kitchen. Heather smiled at her son, she realized how important he was to her.

"Marshall Lee as the Vampire King you must marry" Heather Abadeer said looking at her vampire son who sighed. "You must marry or you will have to return to the NightO'Shpere!" Marshall looked alarmed. Now he remembers he took an oath that he would marry or return with in 1000 years.

"Mom I have a girlfriend" Marshall Lee said lying. His mother looked at him surprised

"Who?"

"Fionna the Human" Marshall Lee said smirking at his mother. The Lady of Evil looked like he just told her he boiled kittens. She gathered herself

"None The less you must marry her. We will hold the wedding in the NightO'Shpere. You will turn her after your married" His mother said clearly set on him getting married

"I love her mom" Marshall Lee said. He wasn't lying this time. Once it slipped his lips it felt so right. He was shocked that he said that. "I will ask her and I'll call you tomorrow, okay?" Heather saw straight through her son and she knew they weren't together but he loved her either way. She nodded with a smile.

"Good. I'll go talk to the wedding planners" His mother said and opened the portal back to her home. Marshall nodded. They hugged

"I love you my son. Don't ever forget that. I just want you to be happy" Heather said while hugging her son

"I love you to mom and thanks" He said and the lady of evil was so happy to hear her son say that to her. He hadn't said that to her since she ate his fries. She kissed his forehead just like she did when he was a little boy and left. Marshall Lee the Vampire King smiled a real smile. The only person who ever saw this was his mother and Fionna. 'Oh right! Fionna! I have to ask now!' he thought and grabbed the phone.

Phone Conversation

"Hey dude" Fionna said

"Hey can you come over" Marshall said lazily

"Yeah! Are we jamming?" Fionna said excited. He could hear her putting her pack on.

"Yeah but we need to talk first" Marshall said

"Okay do you want me to call the others?" Fionna asked still stoked about going to see the vampire

"No, just you. Its about my mother" He said and he knew she would understand

"I'm on my way" She said and hung up

End of Phone conversation

Marshall Lee sighed and played the tune of his new song he wrote before his mother came in. He heard a knock at the door a few minutes later. He opened it and saw his best friend Fionna.

"Hey" He said and let her in. She came in and looked around for any signs of his mother. Sure enough there was an outline of a circle. The aftermath of the portal to the NightO'Shpere.

"Hey so we need to talk" He said and she sat on the couch. She looked into the kitchen and saw to empty glasses both with dried blood in them. She nodded for him to go on.

"Fionna will you marry me?" Marshall Lee said with a lazily tone. Fionna spun around with shock and confusion.

"What?!" Fionna said blushing like a mad woman. He sighed and told her everything. She nodded and calmed down but still blushing. Marshall Lee left out about the love thing. Fionna nodded

"So you want me to marry you?" Fionna said and he nodded.

"Yes I do and we'd get married in the NightO'Sphere. So you're precious Gumwad won't know about it" Marshall said upset and angry. Fionna looked at him with confusion. He looked away from her and got up to go get some blood.

"Why are you drinking blood? Didn't you give that up?" Fionna said looking at Marshall Lee with concern. He nodded as he poured some. He only drank blood when he was hurt or really upset. The blood made him stronger and more like a demon.

"I did" He said and took a sip of his blood. Fionna could feel his demonic energy rising and she could see how his eyes glowed crimson.

"What the fluff are you doing drinking it?" Fionna asked moving closer to the vampire. He looked up from his bloody beverage.

"I'm hungry" He snapped but then he softened "Sorry Fi. I'm just not having the best day, ya know?" He said and ran his pale fingers through his hair. Fionna looked at the vampire and nodded

"I'll do it" Fionna said, watching his bloody lips turn to a smile. 'He looks sexy. Wait! No! NO! Stop thinking like that! You like Gumball but those eyes' she thought. She bit her lips looking the vampire up and down.

"Thanks Fi. I owe you one" He said and smirked at his best friend. She snapped out of her little daze and blushed like crazy. His laugh was like silk, it was smooth and deep. "You sure blush a lot Fi. Ready to jam" He said and grabbed his bass.

"Shut up and yup ready when you are" She said. He smirked and nodded they got all set up and jammed. After the jammed they wrestled. Fionna was about to leave

"Hey come back here tomorrow and remember we've been dating for..." Marshall said and Fionna finished it "for 6 months and we are getting married. You asked me by playing me a song. This is my ring" She said and held up the ring Marshall Lee had given her for the "marriage". A smirked crept on his face.

"That's my girl" He said and they waved goodbye and she left. She was walking home and gazed down at the ring. It had a big black diamond in the center with rubies surrounding it, it was breath taking. Tomorrow they play the "wedding". Tomorrow, why did she feel she had to do something tomorrow.

But tomorrow was the 1 month adversity of a certain blond girl and Pink Prince.