Chapter Seven

Unedited

(Fionna's POV)

"Marshall Lee I can't marry you" I said, sadness evident in my voice, Marshalls Rudy eyes filled with sorrow and he nodded. His face contorted into pain and then blank.

"I understand" Marshall Lee murmured despair laced with his velvet voice. He smirked at me, there it was his mask. The mash I fought so hard to tear down, back up with simple words. My chest felt like someone had just ripped my heart from my chest. Then everything faded and I was standing at the end of an aisle, there was a red carpet leading to an altar. There stood Marshall Lee and a demon girl with red hair. She was wearing my dress and was holding my flowers! I looked to Marshall and saw the mask he had worn before, but this time his eyes were cold and demonic.' Just like his mother's' I thought and my heart began to ache, and tears filled my eyes. Before my tears could fall the scene changed once again and I was watching Marshall Lee holding a baby with golden hair and red eyes. He smiled down at the baby in his arms and then I saw a blond woman wearing a red dress, and her skin was pale. 'Is that me?' I thought and a heard a voice. Then I was standing in the Abadeer living room, with Marshall Lee's mother sitting on the couch.

"Fionna those are the two things that can happen." She spoke with conviction. I gulped and she continued " If you chose to run away and break his heart" she gestured to a floating circle that held the scene of his marriage with the red haired demon girl. "Or you chose to stay and become Queen of the NightO'Sphere." She then gestured to another floating circle that held the scene of our baby.

"Set your sword down and be with him or leave him" Her voice was cold; she looked into my eyes "Do you want to see what will happen to you?" She questioned and I nodded. Another floating circle appeared in front of me. It held an older looking me with a blue dress and a princess crown on top of my head, I looked sad and distanced. A little girl with pink hair came running in grabbing my legs, and then the Gum prince walked in after her, a smiled on his face. I gasped and looked away from the circle.

"Your future might be different but these are the most likely ones. You don't have to choose my son and it's up to you. I just want what's best for him" Her tones soften at the mention of her son. She sighed and shook her head.

"Just do me a favor and don't leave him at the alter" Then everything faded back into the scenes before.

I woke up gasping and breathing heavy; I looked over at the clock it read 3:34AM. I sighed and lay back down, trying to catch my breath. 'I don't want Marshall Lee with anybody else' I thought and drifted back to a restless slumber.

(Marshall Lee's POV)

I woke up to my dumbass cat jumping on my stomach yet again!

"What the fuck?" I groaned and pushed the fur ball of me but my frown didn't stay for long, it was replaced with a smile. I'm going to marry the love of my life, Fionna the human. I floated out of bed and into the shower; I was ready in 5 minutes. Before my mother came in Tux in hand, I smiled at her but she looked uneasy.

"What's wrong?" I asked and she waved her hand dismissively

"Nothing! Just my little monsters getting married" I rolled my eyes at her, after getting dressed in my tux and small talk with my mom about becoming King of the NightO'Sphere.

"I wish your dad could see you now" My mom whispered with tear filled eyes. I pulled her in for a hug and smiled sadly.

"I do to mom I do to" I said and rubbed her back. 'I feel like I'm from one of those stupid romantic comedies' I thought to myself. After we were all ready we headed to the NightO'Sphere only 1 hour till the wedding.