Chapter 5

When Adrien and Alya were talking about how much work Marinette had to do, Adrien felt uncomfortable. He hated the thought of talking about Marinette behind her back. She was so enthusiastic about the play, and she was willing to work overtime for the success of the show.

When Alya told him about Marinette's injury, and how she was trying her best to hide it, Adrien couldn't help but be impressed. Marinette was so brave to go through the school day and rehearsal with an injury.

But when Adrien heard footsteps running away in the hallway, he had a sinking feeling in his stomach.

Alya's eyes widened, and she mouthed, Oh no. She hurried out into the hallway, and called out to Marinette. She ran after her.

Adrien frowned. Nothing good ever came out of talking behind people's backs. Ever. He sat down in Marinette's chair, and surveyed the abandoned Cinderella dress.

She deserved this role. She had been so enthusiastic about being the head of costume. She loved fashion.

Adrien shook his head at himself. It had been wrong of him and Alya to deny Marinette the opportunity to prove her amazing abilities.

A scream in the hallway interrupted his thoughts. Adrien ran out into the hallway.

Alya was on the floor, moaning. Her phone lay broken some distance away. She was struggling to get up, but she couldn't find the strength.

But what stopped Adrien's heart was the person standing over her.

Marinette?

It was exactly like Marinette, her clothes and everything, but her eye color wasn't the usual pretty blue. They were red, and filled with fire.

"Ah, Adrien. Ever the model." Marinette strolled over to him. She juggled something small with one hand.

Adrien froze.

Ladybug's earrings!

"Aren't these pretty? They would be used for my next fashion line, but someone else has already claimed them. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to deliver these." She started to walk down the hallway.

"Wait, Marinette!"

"Oh, I'm not Marinette," said the akumatized person, stopping in her tracks. She turned around and gazed at Adrien with her fierce red eyes. "I'm Midnight."

A flash of red burst from her eyes towards him. Adrien dove and rolled out of the way back into the dressing room. Suddenly, Nino saw Adrien on the ground, and hurried out of the doorway before Adrien could stop him.

To his horror, another flash of red came out of Marinette's eyes to Nino. He collapsed to the ground.

"No!" Adrien got up and backed away. He raced into the auditorium, where the director was talking with the students. "Get out! Akuma!" he screamed.

Instead of following the other students and the director, Adrien ran over to a dark corner of the auditorium. Plagg flew out of his jacket. "I've never seen an akuma as strong as that one," he said, his little green eyes wide.

"We need to save Marinette! But without Ladybug..." Adrien shook his head. "We need to transform! Plagg, claws out!"

A green flash later, Chat Noir ran back out into the hallway. More students and teachers lay on the ground, their strength gone.

She's using other people's strength to grow stronger! Chat Noir sprinted in the direction that Marinette went. He stopped in horror when he reached the street.

Marinette was walking down the middle of the road, red energy pulsing out of her. Pedestrians walking the sidewalks and drivers in cars were collapsing when she passed them.

And as she gathered more strength, Chat Noir noticed, she was changing color.

Her pretty pink pants were being transformed into black legs by red electricity. As she stole more strength, her skin was turning darker and darker.

"Stop!"

Marinette turned around.

Chat Noir's breath caught. Her eyes weren't glowing red anymore.

They were glowing white. 

-------------------------------------------------------

yo fellas. sorry this is a shorter chapter, but ya know, it's necessary.

love yall. hope you guys enjoy this story! leave me a comment if you can!

peace out,

anicm