Chapter 13

Hawk Moth checked the video cameras in his dark butterfly room. A boy in a turtle suit was entering his property.

He'd seen that turtle outfit before...but it wasn't the same person.

Hawk Moth held out his palm. Ladybug's earrings and Chat Noir's ring laid there. He didn't know why he hadn't used them yet. The power to make the wish was right there in the palm of his hand, and he couldn't bring himself to do it.

To wish for his wife back.

Maybe he just wanted to make sure that Adrien was safe. He was still somewhere out in Paris.

Midnight was still trying to use her powers to break out of the glass. If he let her out, Midnight wouldn't just go after Adrien, she'd try to kill Hawk Moth as well.

-----

Carapace stepped into the familiar lobby with the gigantic portrait of him and his father at the top of the stairs.

"Fath--Mr. Agreste?"

No response.

Carapace stepped into the office, where his father usually worked on his latest fashion designs. Carapace slowly walked through the room, and let childhood memories wash over him.

"Adrien, you're such a smart, wonderful little boy."

"Really, Mom?"

"Yes. And I know you will become a wonderful man. I'm so proud of you. I always will be, whatever you do."

Carapace blinked back the tears. I can't think about that now. "Mr. Agreste?" he called again.

Suddenly, he heard a dull thud. Carapace jumped, and whirled around to locate the sound.

Something clattered.

It seems to be coming from...the floor? But there's nothing under there.

Carapace stepped up to the large tablet where his father did his designs. He set his hand on the painting of Mrs. Agreste.

Carapace moved his green gloved hand along the gold designs. His mother's dress was so finely drawn with intricately chosen colors. He let his hand linger on his mother's hand, longing for the sweet touch of her soft hand.

The smooth panting suddenly felt rough in some spots. Carapace peered closer. He noticed a few carved in circles.

They look like buttons...

He pushed them in.

The ground fell out from underneath him.

He screamed, and slipped on the narrow platform. He tried to stand upright on the circle platform that was lowering deeper in the ground, but he was losing his balance. He knelt and hung on for dear life.

The platform brought him into a dark room. Someone was banging on something, and a voice was muttering something. Carapace stepped off the platform.

The scene before him stopped his heart.

The room was full of white butterflies, the same kind of butterflies that akumas were formed from. A circle window glowed white.

Hawk Moth was standing before it, holding Ladybug and Chat Noir's Miraculous in his hand, his back turned.

To the right of Carapace, was Midnight herself, banging on the glass dome. Her eyes were full of fury at the sight of the Miraculous holder.

Carapace froze, and held up his turtle shell shield.

What do I do now?

------------------------------------------------

AAAAAAAND another cliffhanger. lol.

peace out,

anicm