Chapter 14

Carapace watched as Hawk Moth fingered the Miraculouses. He could attack him now, while Midnight was imprisoned. But he had no idea what kind of powers Hawk Moth had. He had been able to bring Midnight back into his lair without physically moving her.

Suddenly, Hawk Moth slipped on the black ring. He moved to put on the earrings. Instinctively, Carapace threw his shield at his back.

The shield banged Hawk Moth's back, causing him to lose his grip of the earrings. The two red earrings clattered across the floor into the shadows.

The shield bounced off the walls and returned to Carapace's arm. He ran and slid to the earrings. He grasped hold of one.

Hawk Moth regained his strength and whacked his cane onto Carapace's back. Carapace screamed and let go of his shield and the earring. It sparkled in the moonlight and rolled away. Hawk Moth took the advantage and seized both earrings. Carapace gripped his leg and yanked him down. The earrings were lost again. The precious jewelry rolled to the other end of the room, where they lingered dangerously close to a vent near the glass dome enclosure.

Midnight glared at the earrings. She pressed her hands against the dome. Red energy sparkled out of her fingertips.

Meanwhile, Carapace and Hawk Moth struggled against each other to get to the earrings. Carapace kept a firm grip on Hawk Moth's costume at his neck. Hawk Moth relentlessly beat Carapace's back with his staff to make him let go.

The glass started to crack.

Carapace started to get weaker.

Hawk Moth noticed the green jeweled bracelet in the midst of their struggle.

Carapace gazed up into Hawk Moth's blue eyes. He gasped softly.

I recognize those eyes...

Hawk Moth took the distraction to reach for Carapace's Miraculous. He yanked it off Carapace's wrist, and reached for the earrings. The green band split and the beads clattered to the floor.

He put the earrings on.

Adrien groaned on the ground. He could feel blood ooze from a fresh gash on his back, soaking his white jacket. He blinked a drop of blood out of his eyes from a cut on his forehead. Hawk Moth hadn't noticed his transformation, who was now facing the white circle window. If only his father would turn around...

"Marinette..." he groaned, crawling over to the glass enclosure. "Please..."

Hawk Moth started to mutter a foreign language. As he spoke, dark matter started to rise slowly up from his feet.

Adrien painfully pulled himself up to his knees. He set a hand on the glass. Midnight was still trying to crack it further. He stood up slowly. Blood dripped from his head and trickled near his green eyes.

"Marinette," he said breathlessly. "I need you. Please..."

Midnight stopped trying to break the glass. She gazed at Adrien with hatred. She pressed her hand against the wall. Her eyes blazed. "You thought that I was weak. You thought I couldn't do anything. You held me back!" she screeched. Her voice is so different from Marinette's...

"I know, Mar," Adrien said, pressing against the glass, trying to meet Midnight's eyes. "We were wrong. I was wrong. We should never have doubted you. I'm so sorry."

Midnight paused. Her eyes averted from red to blue.

Suddenly she lurched to the ground. She struggled. Her screams made Adrien wince, but he held firm to the glass.

"Fight her, Marinette! You're stronger than her!"

A cry of pain came out. His stomach lurched. Marinette! 

----------------------------------------------------

ADRIENETTE FEELS MAN. THESE CHARACTERS JUST KILL ME.

bro enjoy this chapter. MAJOR events coming up.

peace out,

anicm