Chapter 9

"Titan, land!"

The girl collapsed on her bedroom floor. She curled up with her knees at her chest, crying. The little eagle kwami worriedly patted the girl's head.

"I can't do this. Knowing that Paris depends on me to save them...Ladybug and Chat Noir did that job so well. This job is better for my best friend...she loves attention. I hate it. I don't want this." She continued sobbing.

Titan tapped his little wing on the girl's hand. The girl looked up at his little yellow eyes. "There's always a good reason why each Miraculous holder is chosen," he said softly. "Remember that we chose you. We chose you because you have a good heart. You always think of what's best for your friend. We need that loyalty and strength for Paris. Whenever you are ready, just let me know."

The girl stood up and walked to her balcony. The day was darkening, and the sunset gleamed orange over the midnight blue sky.

Can I really do this?

------

Green lightning flashed from Chat Noir's legs up to his messy hair. His hair laid flat. Plagg slipped out of the silver ring.

"Well, well. If it isn't Adrien Agreste himself," Midnight taunted, waving the now silver ring. Plagg floated helplessly next to the fearful Adrien's head. "Honestly, I expected better. I have your Miraculous now," she cackled. "Now I just need to get them all! I know where the Guardian is!"

Adrien's stomach clenched. He struggled to get up, but Midnight still had a hold on his arms and legs.

Midnight cackled louder. "Now, to finish the job."

She raised her hand. Adrien closed his eyes.

A butterfly outline appeared on her face.

"STOP!"

Midnight jerked in surprise.

Hawk Moth was watching with astonishment through the eyes of the akumatized victim. He couldn't believe his eyes. His fist clenched, nails digging into his glove.

His own son, closing his eyes and waiting for death.

"Do not hurt him."

"Why? It sets things right. Without these superheroes, there would be no one in my way!" Midnight demanded.

"You must obey me!" Hawk Moth gripped his cane tighter. "Obey, or I will take away your powers."

"You can't stop me!" Midnight screamed. "I don't kneel to anyone!" She lurched her hand down. A tear trickled down Adrien's face.

Suddenly, Midnight screamed in pain. "No!"

"I am taking your powers. You will not hurt my son!"

"No! I am too powerful!"

Adrien's eyes opened at the fearful tone. That voice! I'd recognize it anywhere!

Marinette!

The bonds on his limbs had released. Adrien crawled away from the writhing Midnight. When she looked up at him, the eyes were blue.

Marinette...!

But the eyes turned back to red. She stopped struggling.

Hawk Moth gripped his cane, focusing, focusing.

Midnight took a step toward Adrien.

Suddenly, Midnight started to disappear.

"Come to me."

She cried out in frustration, and just before she faded completely, Adrien reached out to the scared figure.

Marinette was gone.

---------------------------------------

DRAMA. MAJOR LEVELS OF DRAMA AND SUSPENSE. 

What did you guys think of Hawk Moth in this chapter? BROOOO HE LOVES HIS SON. DUH.

see u next chapter!

peace out,

anicm