19

|T H E S E U S|

As Theseus slowly made his way down the stairs, clinging to Blade, no, Axel, his heart rose into his throat. He swallowed thickly, blinking. Was he really ready for this?

Theseus casted an anxious look up at Axel. Axel gave him that reassuring smile he always did when he knew Theseus needed it. Theseus regained a little bit more of his confidence and returned the smile half-heartedly.

Axel gave Theseus's shoulder a little squeeze as they reached the bottom of the stairs. There waited the rest of the crew- Cain, Emerson, Braden, a werewolf that Theseus vaguely remembered Emerson telling him who was the former Alpha named Jameson, and one of Bryden's bulky cow friends that looked like she could through a wall easily.

Theseus stopped stiffly as he examined them all. Cain was clutching onto Emerson in a similar way that Theseus was holding onto Axel, rubbing his swollen tummy with his free hand. He offered Theseus a smile that was sweeter than sugar. Emerson, however, only gave him a slight nod that could barely even be considered that.

Braden looked tense, his muscles pulled tight together like coils- ready to lash out and attack. He was gritting his teeth and kept on glancing at the door. Theseus wondered subconsciously what was bothering him.

Alpha Jameson, however, was glaring daggers at Theseus. If it wasn't for Axel being right at his side, Theseus might have been a little intimidated. "What's your problem?!" He snapped.

Alpha Jameson's thick eyebrows that already resembled a unibrow knitted together. "My problem is you." He sneered.

Theseus made a face. "If it wasn't for my amazing fu- freaking idea, you would all be slaughtered by my father and his clan."

"If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't even be in this situation! I vote we just end you know and send your body back to your pops in a bag. Makes my life easier," Jameson spat.

"Oh yeah? Why don't you come over here and bite me, b*tch. I'd like to see you try and get rid of me, you filthy werewolf!" Theseus hissed, his eyes flashing with anger.

Jameson made a move to come forward and attack, but it seemed someone else had a different idea about that. Axel was on him in seconds, twisting his one arm behind his back with one hand, pressing a blade to his throat.

"Do you know why they call me Blade?" Axel asked, a cruel smirk marring his beautiful features.

Jameson swallowed anxiously. "N-no?"

"Because I am rather well known for my skill with sharp objects. Would you like me to show you?"

Jameson's eyes widened. "No thank you!" He stammered out.

The cow girl at Braden's side snickering quietly to herself. "This guy's a complete coward. I say we ditch his skinny little a$$ and pick up Tony to stand in for him."

Braden pursed his lips. "Normally I would agree, but Tony... You know how she is. Especially with the sh*t going down between us. Maybe we should bring Lexa?"

"Look, I only brought Jameson along because he used to be the Alpha of our pack. I figured he would be able to act maturely enough to not pick fights with cranky kittens and big a$$ exotic dudes that are the size of tanks. Seems I was wrong," Emerson said, sounding like he was chiding a young child that should have known better.