chapter two

walking through his school's gates, theo starts to sweat. the nerves had only just kicked in, and he was scared. he would be once again surrounded by people who wanted nothing to do with the 'weird' teen.

although he'd never been bullied in school- he was still teased here and there by his classmates.

the occasional whisper about his outfits, dirty looks across the classroom and all-around judgement. theo was used to it but it still worried him that it could worsen as he got older.

his eyes glued to the floor as he walks through the school yard, the sounds and smells making him wince. the school atmosphere wasn't a nice one, and he did not miss it.

throughout the years he'd begged his family to let him be homeschooled, how it would be so much easier due to the complications of his regression. but with no luck, his mother continued sending him to school- she was too busy with melanie.

he was often, if not always stuck in little-space or middle-space, and so school was his hardest obstacle.

the fear of people finding out mixed with the fear of just not understanding school in general was all the boy ever thought about.

keeping positive, theo thinks back to his house and specifically, his bath. all he wanted was to have a bubble bath and watch moana, so he set it as his goal: to do well in school, and he will go home and watch moana in the bath.

walking to the familiar double doors at the front of the school, he walks through the piles of students, holding his backpack straps extra-tight, a source of support for the short-statured male.

the discomfort of not having having rawr in his backpack ached his heart, but he was a big boy, and he'd be okay.

"outta the way, midget" a guy groans as he pushes past theo, sprinting down the hallway. this earned a sigh from the boy.

he was far from a 'midget.'

he was hoping this semester he'd be treated nicer by people, and he wasn't going to let his hope fade after one encounter.

he continues walking through the large hallway of doors, worriedly searching for his class. it was packed, the people covering the doors and framed maps. he didn't have a great time with memory, either.

panic clouds theo's vision as he realises his headspace was creeping onto him, he was overwhelmed by the atmosphere and his brain was giving up.

the first signs theo used to tell he was in his headspace was with reading. he was a good reader- maybe even a great reader, but in little-space he couldn't read a word, almost like it was a different language altogether.

the piercing sound of the school bell aches theo's ears, the familiar noise catching him off-guard.

dread fills him as he realises what this means, and before a second thought crosses the boy's mind, the hallway empties, leaving him the only person there.

his body slides down the corridor wall, his body slumping against the cold tiled floor.

he should be relieved- that he will finally be able to see the maps framed along the corridor walls, but his heart drops when he sees three intimidating boys walking towards his slumped frame.

༞ sorry for the short chapter