⇉ chapter twenty-two

hunter.
"he's gonna be okay... thank you so much for taking care of my baby" i smile, watching the doctor sign paperwork on our baby.

"it's just broken, it will take a few weeks to get better, but afterwards it should be okay." he smiles at me, shaking my hand firmly.

"okay.. so can i take him home now?" i ask, looking around the warm office.

"sure, but just make sure he doesn't walk on that leg for at least 4 weeks, we will call you about a future appointment to remove the cast, and you should expect a call soon for the care instructions of the cast."

"okay, thank you so much!" i exclaim, rushing out of the room and towards my little boys hospital room.

i run into the cold, bright room, engulfing my baby into a hug.

"you'll be okay, little one" i exclaim, and he looks up at me, smiling.

"lookie! dada i gots a pink cast!!" he squeals, pointing to his long, pink cast, it's got a few names on there already, probably from some of the doctors.

"wow baby! that's adorable! we should get it signed from all your stuffies shouldn't we?" i chuckle and he nods his head furiously.

"yesh but dey can't writes dada" he pouts, putting his thumb into his mouth and sucking on it furiously.

"i'll help them little one. now we need to get home, don't we?" i smile, picking him up from the hospital bed and grabbing his things.

earlier today, the boys and i decided that we wouldn't let him use crutches, as he prefers to be carried anyway.

"to da home!" theo yells, putting his fist in the air and giggling.

"what shall we do when we get home, baby?" i ask, patting his head.

"stuffs, duh!" he says, pressing his thumb against my cheek.

"dada why do we have a faces?" he asks, poking at my face a few times.

"i'm not sure, baby. maybe you should ask siri?" i say, handing him my phone and pressing siri for him.

for the rest of the walk through the hospital and the car ride home he was focused on talking to siri about why we have faces. he's such a smart boy.

-

"dadddyyyy! pappaaa!!! i ish home nows! feed meh!" theo shouts, earning the glares from the two other sleepless men in the room.

"baby. quieten down, we are tired." elijah warns, the moody brat hitting his head against the couch.

"papa. i will huwt chu." he says, pointing his finger to eli and noah laughs at his seriousness.

elijah stands from the chair and walks towards theo, picking him up and kissing him.

"you are mine. you listen to me, and you respect me. got that little one" elijah says to theo, and theo blushes so hard that he looks like a tomato.

"yeah dada" he says, trying to get from his grip.

"he's ours too!" noah pouts, crossing his arms over his chest and looking at the floor.

"and mine!" i roll my eyes, trying to steal the boy from elijah's arms.

"chu can shawe" theo giggles, cuddling all of us together.

"i wuv chu guys"

"we love you too"