~4~

Rise and shine!

Rise and shiiiiiiiine!

Dad. Rise and shine!

Me. Get out of my room!!

Dad. I got an agenda for you!

Me. Agenda? What kind of stupid special treatment do they need!!

Dad. Here's a list. Get it done before 5pm. They'll be here 6 tonight.

List

- Korean snacks, Korean fast meals, Korean drinks
- Clean bathrooms
- Freshen bedrooms
- Make coffee and tea
- Turn on AC
- Sweep rooms

This is a ridiculous list, and he left me alone to do it. Are they kings or something? I don't get it.

I got dressed, brushed my teeth, did my makeup, hair, and left the house. I looked up a nearest international supermarket and found about two in the area. I went to this one store called 'Global Edibles' and searched in every aisle.

Me. Uh, excuse me.

Saleswoman. Yes. May I help you darling?

Me. Where is your Korean aisle?

Saleswoman. Ah? Korea aisle? Follow me.

Me. Okay.

Saleswoman. Here it is. This is my home country. I miss it here. Do you need help finding something.

Me. Umm, well there are seven Korean boys staying in my house for one week. I don't know what they eat or drink or like to snack on.

Saleswoman. You don't know anything about? Them?

Me. No.

Saleswoman. Ah it's okay. Can you please grab me a basket? I will pick out the good food for you that they will like. Okay?

Me. Thank you so much!

You handed her the basket while she filled it up with boxes and bags. You were amazed. You were also grateful as to how you found her in the store.

Saleswoman. Darling. Let me pay this for you.

Me. What! No! No! Please let me, you helped me enough!

Saleswoman. Too late. Tell those Korean boys I said, "anneyonghaseyo"

Me. Um.. okay! Thank you. Have a good day!

I was lucky. She was such a sweet woman. She grabbed all this food for me. I would've struggled so hard trying to find what they'd like. I drove home, and placed the bags of food and drinks on the kitchen table.

I pulled the list back out and now I have to do chores.

——-

All the chores, DONE. And now it's 4:30. I have time for a thirty minute power nap.

Z
Z
Z

_____________

Dad. Nice to meet you.. blah blah... (inaudible)

Me. (Wakes up) What is all that mumbling?

Dad and strange people. (Laughs)

Me. It's coming from downstairs.

You go downstairs slowly. The laughing gradually gets louder as you walk down the stairs....