Prologue

A long time ago, there was nothing, until out of the darkness came a land of paradise. It was large, and full of strange, wonderful things. The island was separated into 7 smaller ones, each one representing an element. Earth, water, fire, wind, nature, ice, and lightning. This wonderous new land was called springridge.

Along with the island, mystical beings of the elements appeared. Humans with the ability to control one of the elements with ease. They ruled together harmoniously for many years.

One day, another island appeared called winter's edge. It also had elements of its own. They were shadow, light, death, and love. They were both reasonable, despite what many thought. None were evil nor good, they were simply just there.

Later in time, the universe began to form, planets and galaxies coming from the nothing. The elements had no idea what they were, but knew they must do something.

Water gave them strands of her light blue hair, which formed into oceans, rivers, lakes, and seas. Earth thought nothing could possibly live there, so she created land in which they could walk upon. Nature created grass, trees, and shrubbery to fill the water and land, and give places a unique splash of color. Fire thought there should be cool lava spewing rocks, so he made them. In his opinion, it gave the new place a bit of adventure. Wind thought it was way too warm for life, so she took a large breath and it allowed the new place to have a breeze every now and again. Ice thought it was still way too warm for him, so he gave parts of the planet white snow. Now lightning wanted to contribute something magical to this new world, so she gave them storms. Beautiful clouds that showed off her majesty.

The elements of winter's edge also wanted to give, so love created beings. Humanoids like herself to roam the earth. She thought it wasn't possibly enough, and she wanted to give something truly spectacular, so she created animals as well. Some cute and furry, others scary and dangerous.

Death was disgusted by all the life, and against others will, he created a virus that killed living things in many ways. A curse that still lives today. Shadow thought it was too bright all the time, so he created the night, and filled it with speckles of the day so all hope would not be lost.

Now, light didn't exactly like the night, so she decreed that the night would fall to the day in a never ending cycle that would continue till the end of time.

These elements came together to form our world which has now known as earth. Through the years, more elements came to life, like time, day, night, stars, poison, and sadness. The original 11 elements chose new names to distinguish from others, as it was slightly annoying to call them by their element.

Water became Tao, meaning waves. Wind became Ahe, meaning soft breeze. Love became Ai, her name not changing. Nature became Zahra, meaning flower. Fire became Drago,meaning dragon. Ice became Kar, or snow. Earth became Kaya, or rock. Lightning became Lyn. Death chose grimm, which is why he is known as the grim reaper. Light chose Valo-radiance. Finally, Shadow chose to become Sombra.

Whatever you might think, these elements had children of their own, and they had children. Some of them decided to stay on earth rather than winter's edge or springride. Others chose to create their own planets and galaxies to spend their lives. But this is where their story ends, and a new one begins.