Chapter 9: The Power of Memory

"Ok, this is strange..." Oliver looked around his training area, which wasn't much to look at. Just seemed like never ending darkness to him.

He began to walk around, blindly searching in the dark for a light switch or something luminescent so he could find his way around better. However, he couldn't find anything in the shadows. "Well, I don't know what's happening. Maybe this was all some prank Jonathan and Sun tag teamed on. Yeah, that's it. They really outdid themselves this time..." Oliver assured himself.

"Just a prank..." All of the sudden, the room burst out into hundreds of images he recognized, surrounding him in a blizzard of thoughts. These are my memories... Oliver thought to himself.

He was in awe of what was before him. No one possibly would have known all of this.

There were images of himself and his mom out camping, the fire still blazing as oliver and his mom shared smores in the moon-lit forest on a clear starry night. Him and his friends in detention together, his friends chatting away as he hid under a desk grading papers.

He saw sentences spring to life circling around him, the words-no-thoughts soon afterward speeding off into the distance.

He gasped as he came across the images he pictured from the stories he read such as the great hall from Harry Potter and Vanaheim from the Magnus Chase series, and even Berk from How to Train Your Dragon.

His eyes flashed hundreds of colors-what his friends liked to call wonder. "This... is incredible." At those very words, the pictures stopped moving. He got a clear view of everything around him.

In one of paused images was a figure. A figure he'd never seen before. Curious, he advanced toward the memory. As he grew closer, he began to recognize what the figure was in. It was a memory of a place he'd wanted to visit ever since he was a kid- Never Land.

He reached out his hand to the memory, and to his surprise, it went into it. He almost passed out as he waved his hand within it, hoping that it hadn't gotten chopped off. Once sure that it was safe to enter, he walked into Neverland.

"Ok... starting to think this isn't a prank." Oliver said as he looked around the 3D animated version of Neverland from the Disney movie "Peter Pan."

"Oh, you're most certainly right!" Came a deep voice, which Oliver found somewhat familiar, even though he'd never heard it before. It came from a man, who seemed no older than forty. He was sitting on a rock by the mermaid lagoon, looking into his reflection in the water.

"Who are you?" Oliver hesitantly questioned, slowly making his way towards the man.

"You don't recognize me?" Oliver shook his head. "Huh, well I suppose you wouldn't. It's been a long time since this father lost his son!" Oliver fainted, leaving the man with a startled expression.

When he came to, he saw the man who claimed to be his father standing above him. He had the same fiery ginger hair as Oliver but a little faded and covered by a black fedora. His eyes were a normal shade of coffee brown. He had skin the color of sand, and wore a grey sweatshirt that sported a picture of three wolves and said 'Northwood Highschool'.

"Ah, you've finally awoken." He said calmly, Oliver's eyes turning into grey-confusion. He slowly sat up as the man spoke again. "Well, you know, It's been awhile since one of my children came to visit me. You're Oliver, if i remember correctly?" Oliver slowly nodded.

"Yeah. My name's Oliver. But might I ask a few questions?"

"Of course,my boy!"

"Ok. How do you know my name? If you're my dad, where have you been? Who are you? Are you really an elf?!"