Chapter 5: Unlocking Your Wings

Skylar fell through the door, wondering if there was even a floor in this training arena, since after all, it was a wind training center. As she continued to fall, a young girl, maybe seven, floated next to her.

She had silvery hair and shimmering green eyes. She wore a pink t-shirt which had a pocket in the corner of it and a white skirt which flew as she moved. She had a velvet colored scarf as well as a golden pin which had the same design as the door attached to her shirt. Her skin was the same color as birch wood, and she was kinda skinny.

"Hey." Skylar said to her casually. "Hey. I'm Annabeth. Welcome to our training center!" Annabeth smiled. "Hey, Annabeth? Does this place have i don't know, like a floor or something? It's a little boring just falling forever." Skylar replied, slightly nervous. "Oh, right! You're the new kid! Here!" Annabeth grabbed a golden pin like hers from her pocket and handed it to her. "Put it on, then tap it three times. That should bring you to our secret training area."

Skylar didn't hesitate. She quickly snapped it onto her jacket and tapped it three times. She was instantly brought into a vast temple like building. It was made of a shimmering white quartz. There were pillars around the outside. The floors shone a brilliant gold color. It looked like an ancient greek temple to the god Zeus.

what was weird about it was that it was in the sky. Clouds surrounded it, and maybe twenty kids floated around outside, all of them no more than nineteen years old. Eagles flew in and out, carrying messages to a few students, who thanked them. What was weirder was that the eagles responded back to them.

One landed on the ground next to her, then changed into the form of a small male calico cat. "Hiya! Welcome to the temple of the wind! I'll be your personal assistant while you're here! My name is Gizmo, but all the other shifters call me Lunar. Nice to meet you!"

Skylar was very confused. She had so many questions. What's a shifter? Why can this cat talk? Why is the eagle a cat now? Where can I get some ice cream? Does this place have ice cream?

"Don't worry, Skylar! We have ice cream!"

"did you just?!" skylar half questioned. "Read your mind? Yeah. some shifters can do that with their partners. Also, to answer your question, a shifter is an animal that can shapeshift into anything they desire! Its awesome! Shifters also have the ability to communicate in every language, so we can always talk to our partner no matter where they're from!" Gizmo finished, then took a large breath.

"Wait... then say hello in Japanese."

"konichiwa!" Gizmo said it with such a perfect accent, she thought that Athena's grandpa was behind her. "Wow! Impressive!" I know right?! I love it! Anyway, your great great grandma is waiting for you. Cora will show you to her!"

A girl came running over to them. Once she arrived, she starting panting like she'd run a mile. She had hair the color of coral and brown eyes. She had on a blue shirt that said, "Fairy Tail" which had a blue anime cat with wings on it. She had a bronze pocket watch around her neck.

"I'm NOT LATE! Oh hi! Have you seen Fairy Tail yet?" Cora asked, still out of breath.

"Uh... no?" "Watch it! It's so good!!" Cora exclaimed excitedly.

"Ok, so it's an anime?"Skylar questioned.

"You bet!" She replied. "Anywho, I'm gonna take you to your great great grandma. For me, she's just my great grandma. You'll like her. She makes really good cookies and cream ice cream."

"I'm sold. Let's go."

Cora opened her pocket watch, and the same magic as the sword appeared. "Oh,come on! The portal again?!" Skylar complained. "Suck it up, newbie! It'll be fun!" Cora went through. Skylar sighed and came in too. Just like that they entered a seemingly entirely new world, probably because they were.