Chapter 2:Detention

Tara glumly slumped down into her seat, her hand resting on her cheek, and her backpack hitting the floor with a large thud.

The room was small, with multiple desks scattered around the room. It had burgundy walls, and a large stack of papers sat the floor beside each desk. The floors were tiled in no particular design, just beige and white.

"Aw, chin up Tara! Detention isn't that bad!"said a girl sitting next to her. She had her normally wavy brown ombré hair tied into a tight bun. Her eyes were brown, and covered by turtle pattern glasses. She had tan skin, and wore a necklace with a homemade chain of golden colored string, and a silver elephant hanging from it. She wore a purple short sleeved shirt and dark blue skinny jeans that almost covered her faded rose-gold vans. Homemade colorful bracelets covered her forearms, forty eight in total. Or at least that's what she said. No one ever took the time to count.

Tara sighed. "I guess, since I'm sharing it with you, Athena."

"True, true." Athena said with pride.

"What are you here for?" Tara exclaimed inquisitively.

"Oh, drawing in class. I think it's dumb though to get detention for drawing. I mean come on! At least it's productive! Can't say the same for Cadence though." Athena said, eyeballing a young girl who sat in the corner of the room, flipping a water bottle in boredom.

She had shoulder length white blonde hair, and striking brown eyes. Her skin was pale, and she wore a bright neon orange shirt as well as a black headband.

"HEY! I can hear you ya know!" Cadence shouted from across the room.

"Yes I know."confidently said a boy who was smiling smugly on the opposite side of the room. He had bright green eyes and short choppy jet black hair. His skin was light in color, and he wore a bright red jacket that was the same shade as a newly polished ruby.

He leaned against the burgundy walls of the room and crossed his arms.

"Shut up, Jonathan."said Cadence

"Why on Earth would I do that?" Jonathan replied- his tone sounding as if he ruled the world.

"Because, we're supposed to be grading homework!" called out another boy who was pointing over to a large stack of papers. His hair was ginger in color, freckles covering his face. His eyes were unusually purple. He was born with a rare disorder where his eyes change color depending on his emotions.He wore big, round glasses that often reminded others of Harry Potter.

"Oh, come on! We all know Oliver is right. Let's just get it over with so we all can enjoy our day. Alright?" Tara said while fidgeting with her backpack zipper. Everyone grumbled in complaint, but agreed.

"What are you here for, Oliver?" Cadence whispered, curious as Oliver was a stickler for the rules. He sighed in surrender.

"Well, if you must know, I left during class, saying I was using the restroom, but really, I went outside to pick up trash. What? The janitor looked lonely!"Oliver said, Cadence looking at him with complete disgust.

"Fine, Cadence. What the heck you here for then? Probably won't be as good of an excuse as me though." Oliver mumbled glumly.

"Really?! Do you really wanna go there?" She quickly stopped herself as she saw it was going nowhere and sighed. "Fine. I'm here for sneaking out of school to go to the park with her." Cadence pointed to the other side of the room, where another girl sat, quietly doing her work with a cat plushie sitting on the desk next to her.

She had ginger blonde hair, and blue-grey eyes. She had a few freckles on her somewhat rosy cheeks, and wore a grey jacket covered with cartoon cats. Only Athena and her friend Addaline had ever seen her without it.