Chapter 13: The Warriors

Violetta was an expert in free falling. She was super chill about just falling. Jonathan and David? Not so much. Jonathan was screaming at the top of his lungs, and David was preoccupied cursing in rapid spanish. "Will you two stay calm? We are not going to die, idiots!" Violetta scolded them, but they weren't listening.

"Hey, you've done this way more times than us, kid! We're not used to free falling!" David yelled at her, the wind blowing his hair into his eyes, muffling his voice. Violetta just roller her eyes.

"Prepare for landing, you two." She laughed. "You're going to love this." Jonathan didn't love it. The island was within four hundred feet... three hundred... two hundred... one hundred... Jonathan prepared for hard impact, but was surprised to find that within four feet of impact, they were turned up right and safely landed on the squishy green grass.

"Ah, that never gets old. Well, actually, I've only done it three times, but it's so fun! Anyway, welcome to Springridge! Follow me." David looked at Jonathan for suggestions, but he just shrugged, and began to follow her. David was more hesitant, but closely followed.

Violetta led them to the center of the main island, where he saw his six friends and four more he didn't recognize. Two boys and two girls. Skylar was the first to realize they were there. She stood up from the rock she was sitting on. "Hey, Jonathan! How was the entrance?" Jonathan shuddered at the memory.

"Nerve racking."

"It was my Idea. Plus, I saved your butts, so no complaints!"

"Oh... it was great..." Jonathan lied.

"Welcome back, ya weirdo!" Sun exclaimed, walking over to him and ruffling his hair. "Did you get my message?" She whispered so no one else could hear. Jonathan nodded.

"So it wasn't a dream?" Sun shook her head. "How'd ya do it? The mind thingy?" Sun almost looked offended.

"What?! Oliver, I swear if that was you, I will feed your soul to my demons!" She stormed off towards Oliver, who began running the other direction, yelling at the top of his lungs, his eyes turning a nice shade of purple, or fear.

"Erase! Erase!" Suddenly, Sun just stopped in her tracks and went back to being her normal self. Oliver heaved a sigh of relief. "Thank the elements for memory magic."

Athena was chilling out in the grass, taking in the scenery while chatting with cadence and one of the people he didn't know. She looked fairly similar to David, just with quite a bit lighter skin and much longer, darker hair. Unlike everyone else, she sported two pins. One was shaped like a snowflake, the other one in the shape of a book. "Wow, wait a second." David started. "Genesis?!" The girl turned, surprised.

"David? Is that you? How's script class working out for you, little brother?" David was exasperated. So was Athena. She turned to genesis.

"Wait, this guy's you're brother?!" Genesis nodded.

"Well, sort of. I'm adopted, but we're cousins. So both."

"Genesis, I have news, and it's not very good."

"Maria's... dead?" A boy said, breaking the long silence. He had skin the color of charcoal, large dark eyes and short black hair. He looked about fifteen in age, and wore a jade green vest, a blue t-shirt, and grey jeans.

"I was there...her soul has left us, Jabari." Violetta mourned. "I'm sorry I couldn't save her too. I'm sorry I'm such a failure..." Cadence put her hand on violetta's shoulder. She couldn't tell what she was saying, but she knew enough to know she wasn't happy.