5. The Escape

It was 5 in the morning. The sun started to rise over the horizon and warm breezes washed over them as Harry and Griphook waited. Harry had the cloak and bag in his hand while Griphook help onto the sword.

“You better let me have that.” Suggested Harry, but Griphook moved it away defensively.

“In the bag. I can’t carry you while you carry the sword”

The goblin considered this and handed it over. Harry fumbled with the bag until the sword disappeared into the debts of it and landed with a clatter.

“I’m here” said a woman’s voice and Harry looked up.

He saw a horrendous Bellatrix walking towards them on top of the hill. It was Ron and he looked miserable.

“Good” said Harry.

“And I’ve left the others a note, just saying we left and to no bother looking for us.”

Harry nodded and help Griphook onto his back and Ron covered them with the cloak. They were out of sight and with a nod from Ron they all apparated.

***

“MAID!” yelled Lucius from the front room. A young, short woman ran into the room and bowed her head. “Get our prisoner some food and make sure she’s awake.”

The maid nodded and obeyed. With a tray of steaming porridge and toast followed with pumpkin juice, she walked down into the cellar. She walked long enough until she reached the end cellar which held Hermione captive.

The maid was struggling to open the gate and hold the tray. Hermione watched with one eye. She was curled up in a ball, almost out of sight.

The maid layed the tray down, glanced at Hermione and she pounced. Grabbed the maid’s wand a yelled ‘Stupefy!’. The young girl, flew back and hit the wall, her body was a lifeless bundle on the floor.

“I’m so sorry” for she felt guilty and somehow understood that this lady was probably and muggle-born who has to serve the Malfoy family. But there was no other way.

She grabbed the keys from the servant’s pockets and locked her inside. She kept the keys and made a right, leading to the cellar door.

She climbed the stairs and kept in the shadows. Clattering and clanking came from a large room and she knew she was by the kitchen, meaning there was a back door. She peaked inside and saw 3 people. A man, wearing thick boots covered in earth, wearing some dirty, ripped overalls, and leather gloves with hardly any hair. This was obviously the gardener who didn’t look too happy. Then there were two woman, one plump lady with a tight bun, covered in flour and another young girl with laundry.

Hermione started to think and when worse came to worse she had to do it.

‘Imperio’ she whispered and instantly, all 3 got lost into a gaze. Their faces so dreamy and following Hermione’s instructions. They all walked out of the kitchen ignoring Hermione as they left down the hall and out of sight.