Chapter 3: Reunion

(2nd person view)

     You and Bruce sat on the Bullhead in silence. You were currently cleaning your weapons and your master was currently meditating. You started to think about what would happen when you run into Yang then eventually Ruby at Beacon. Seeing as the two of you are the same age then Ruby is two years younger.
     "Your thinking about your sisters again?" Bruce Lee asks.
     "Yes Master Lee, I'm just very distressed. I don't know if I'll be able to keep my cool or if my anger will boil over." You say.
     "Well, what did we talk about? You must become water to react without thinking."
     "I understand, Master Lee. But there's a fire inside that I guess was never put out. I fear by seeing them it'll be like adding fuel to fire."
     "Well, how do you put out a fire? With water." He said before going back to meditating.
     You chuckle and follow him, going into meditation.

(Your dream, your p.o.v.)

     "(Y/N)! (Y/N) where the fuck are you?" An all to familiar voice yells out to me.
     "No, please no." I murmur to myself as Taiyang Xiao Long appears our of the void surrounding us.
     "You little shit, how dare you run away from us! Do you know how much you put Yang and Ruby through? How embarrassed I was when Qrow found out you were missing?" He yelled.
     I opened my mouth, trying to speak but instead only silence.
     "Your sisters cried for you! I had to calm them down saying you were off with Qrow! I don't know where you've been but your about to have the beating of a lifetime!" Tai says cocking back his fist.
     I naturally without hesitation dodge his punch, leaving him to stumble. Tai, shocked by this, runs at me again letting out a yell as he lets his fist fly. I push his fist aside and kicked his knee in. The crunch of his knee and the agonizing scream he let out was enough to make you cringe but the sight of his backwards knee made your stomach churn.
     "Arrggh! You son of a bitch! Summer and I should have never adopted you!" He shouts.
    I simply look at my hands, wondering how I was able to dodge him without even thinking. Was this the technique Master Lee was talking about?

(Dream end, 2nd person view)

     You open my eyes, awakening from your dream. You see that Lee is meditating still, deep in thought. You decide to walk to the cockpit and talk to the pilot.
     "How long until we get to Beacon?" You ask.
     "We're almost there." He says. I look forward to see in the distance a giant castle like building in the distance. I stare in awe at the structure as we approach closer and closer.
     "Enjoying the view?" Someone asks from behind you.
     "Yes, Master Lee. It's quite astonishing." I say.
     "Well, that's not the only thing that's astonishing. What were you envisioning during meditation?" Lee asks you.
     "I ran into my father, Taiyang Xiao Long. He started to yell at me before he attempted to punch me. Without even thinking I dodged and kicked his knee inwards." You reply.
     Bruce nods before asking you another question.
     "(Y/N), in the time we've been training have you unlocked your semblance?"
     "No, I haven't."
     "Then it is clear, your semblance. You are born with the gift to act without thinking. It took me years to do it, but you are naturally gifted with it. The only other martial artist to ever hold such a gift was the great (F/N)         (L/N)."

(A/N: F/N is fathers name in this not First name)

     "How great was he?" You ask.
     "He was my Master, so he was more than great. He could sense me coming from Mistral to Vale. Sadly he passed away, leaving behind an only son who was placed on a doorstep in Patch." Lee said looking at you.
     It takes you some time to let the info sink in until you realized what he was saying.
     "Your father, your real father, was a great man (Y/N). Do not let this Taiyang hold you back. Now that you know the truth of your past, how will it affect your future?" Lee asks smirking as he walks back to his seat.
     In the time you had talked with Bruce the Bullhead had landed. The hatch opened as the sunlight poured in, revealing the Beacon courtyard. Everything from the fountain to the statue amazed you.
     "No time to gawk, leave that to the ladies." Bruce says putting on his sunglasses and walking towards the building.