Chapter 12: Sharing is Caring

You sat in Team JNPR's dorm, relaxing with Ren as the two of you enjoyed the serenity in the air.
"You know what Ren? This is probably the calmest I've been in a while." You tell him.
"Is it because your making efforts towards forgiving your sisters?" He asks.
"Well that's part of it. It's just things have been going smoothly, schools easy, life's good, and I'm chilling here with my best bud."
"I'm flattered."
The two of you take in another breath and close your eyes before the door swings open, almost flying off the hinges.
"It's time people! We're teaching (Y/N) how to dance!" Nora says in a workout outfit carrying what seems to be a speaker.
"Oh shit you guys were serious you said standing up.
"Of course we were! We all wanna blow everyone's socks off at the dance!"
"Ren, did you let Nora have extra syrup on her pancakes again?" You ask.
"I swear it was only a drop more." He says.
"Well this is gonna be interesting." You say before Nora breaks into a maniacal laughter.

(With Team RWBY)

While Ruby and Yang are trying on dresses, Blake and Weiss are still browsing through the store, searching for dresses. As Blake browses quickly through the store, Weiss takes her time looking for the perfect dress.
"So how'd Yang convince you to go to the dance?" Weiss asked, trying to strike up a conversation.
"She made me realize I needed some me time. Plus there's someone I'd really like to go to the dance with." Blake replied, picking up a black dress before putting it back.
"Is it Sun?"
"No, he's too..."
"Rebellious? Informal? Uncultured?" Weiss asked rattling off words to describe Sun.
"Too nonchalant I guess is how I'd put it. It's someone else," Blake says.
"What about you and Neptune?"
"I'd never. He's attractive and all but he's too much of a flirt. I'm looking at someone who's more of a gentleman." Weiss proclaimed.
"Is he by any chance honorable?"
"Why yes, he's also very noble, charming, and not to mention sweet."
"Not to mention handsome?"
"I have the sneaking suspicion you want to ask (Y/N) to the dance." Weiss says picking out a dress.
"Funny, I had the same feeling about you." Blake says turning to meet her white clad teammate.
The two eye each other down before quickly darting into the dressing room with their dresses they chose.
'(Y/N) will be mine for the dance!' Weiss thought.
'I have to ask out (Y/N) before Weiss!' Blake thought.

(Back with you)

"I wanna fucking die." You say sitting on the floor.
Over the last few hours Nora had been drilling you, Ren, Pyrrha, and Jaune nonstop on the dance routine you all were gonna do. While Jaune, Ren, and Pyrrha had it down by the fifth go, you were still struggling with it all.
"(Y/N)! Did I say you could hand a break?" Nora shouted.
Normally you saw Nora as the hyperactive brute of Team JNPR. Sweet, bubbly, but not naive like Ruby. Right now she was treating you like an incompetent soldier during basic training.
"No, but I need a break." You say wiping sweat off your forehead.
"No what?" Nora said getting up in your face, scaring the shit out of you.
"No ma'am no!" You say shooting up straight into attention.
"Nora, maybe your being too harsh towards (Y/N)." Pyrrha said.
Nora sighed and walked off, sitting down on the couch. You sighed in relief, falling to the floor as you finally had a chance to lay down.
"(Y/N), you still with us bud?" Jaune asks.
"Just laying down bud." You reply.
     "How about we take five? Dance isn't for another few days we don't need to rush this."
     "Jaune, that's the smartest thing I've heard you say."
     "Why thank you (Y/N), I know my intel- hey wait a minute." Jaune says catching onto your comment.

(Back again with Team RWBY)

     After dress shopping, Team RWBY have been in an awkward situation. Blake and Weiss are currently trying to plot against each other on how to win over your heart while Ruby and Yang have to plan out and decorate the dance by themselves.
     'Maybe later tonight I'll drop by (Y/N)'s dorm and surprise him with some flowers. I doubt Weiss will be ready to act so soon.' Blake thinks to herself.
     'I need to find (Y/N) right now and convince him to go to the dance with me, I just need to sneak out of helping with the dance.' Weiss thinks to herself.
     "I need to use the restroom." Weiss said before bolting our of the ballroom where the rest of her team were setting up.
     "I gotta grab something at the dorm!" Blake said running to catch up to Weiss.
     Ruby and Yang look to each other with confused faces. While Yang somewhat knew what was happening Ruby was completely oblivious.
     "I wonder what that was about." Ruby asked.
"We'll find out in a bit." Yang informs her.