Chapter 14: The Mission

The day after the dance. Also the day every first year would be assigned their first mission. After an... eventful night with your girlfriends, you stand with Team RWBY and JNPR in the auditorium as you listen in on Ozpin's speech. After all was said and done each team goes to choose a mission, however you are a bit worried about Team RWBY's plan.
     "Tell me again why you're all heading to the Southeast Quadrant of the kingdom?" You ask.
     "You already know why, we have to try and stop whatever Torchwick's planning. Besides, is the big bad martial artist worried about his girlfriends?" Weiss asks with a mocking tone.
      Blake simply turns around awaiting for a response. And by response it means the correct response.
     "Of course I'm worried about you two, but I know you guys can handle yourselves just fine. Just promise you won' be getting to far over your heads." You explain.
     "Can't promise anything right now, but we'll let you know if things go south." Blake said chiming in.
You shake your head and smile before going over to your own terminal and looking at different missions to choose. Most were shadowing huntsman or other important officials like police officers or detectives. Some search and rescue and one search and destroy, which was already taken by Team RWBY. You keep scrolling through before someone speaks up.
"Having trouble choosing a mission?" An all too familiar voice asked.
"Professor Ozpin, nearly got the jump on me. I'm just trying to figure out a good mission that would utilize my skills to help others." You say.
"Then may I suggest this one?" Ozpin said tapping away at a tablet.
Before long a mission popped up on the big screen. From the looks of it, the mission is centered around helping out a village just West of the kingdom.
"This village sent out a distress signal last night. We haven't gotten further word back. I'm sending you to make sure everyone is safe." Ozpin explains.
You nod, putting your name down for the mission. After you've signed up you head out to the front of the school where everyone has gathered awaiting their bullheads. While you could leave at any time, you decided you'd give your girlfriends a proper send off. You eventually found Team RWBY talking with Velvet as her team stood idly waiting behind.
"Weiss! Blake!" You shouted out, getting their attention.
"Oh (Y/N)! Team CFVY just got back from their mission." Weiss informed me.
     "I see, how are you doing Velvet?" I ask.
     "I uh, I'm doing well. How about you?" Velvet asks, turning her head slightly and turning red.
     "I've been great, how'd the mission go?"
     As Velvet was about to answer, a brunette chick with sunglasses a purse walked up to you and Velvet. The brunette tips her sunglasses, looking at you with her eyes before pushing them back flush against her face.
     "So your this (Y/N) guy I've heard so much about?" She asks you.
"That would be me, and who may you be?" You ask.
     "Coco Adel, leader of Team CFVY."
     Both Team RWBY And Velvet could feel the intensity from the stare down at hand. The judgmental glare Coco was giving off versus your analyzing gaze could turn coals to diamonds with the amount of pressure being put off.
     "I can see why you like him Velv." Coco said smirking and walking off.
     Velvet ran to catch up with the rest of her team, also to avoid questioning from you.
     "That was... odd." Ruby said.
     "Odd only begins to explain what just happened." Weiss adds as they make their way to the bullhead.
     "What? No goodbyes?" You ask, watching Team RWBY walk away.
     The four girls turn, Weiss and Blake walking back while Ruby and Yang wave you goodbye, heading to the bullhead.
     "Now you better not do anything stupid either." Weiss said.
     "I'm not the one on a search and destroy mission, but there's nothing I can do to stop you now." You say smiling.
     "We'll be fine, we have a pro huntsman with us too ya know." Blake adds.
     "Doesn't mean I'm not worried." You say kissing her cheek.
     "And I'm definitely worried about you, who knows what your attitude will bring at Mount Glenn." You say towards Weiss.
     "How dare you (Y/N), when we get back no more -" Weiss was about to finish her statement until getting cut off by both you and Blake.
     "Not out loud!" The two of you say.
     "Hmph."
     You shake your head kissing Weiss' cheek, causing her cheeks to tint red.
     "I love you both, now you guys should get going." You say walking off to your bullhead.
     "We love you too (Y/N)!" They yell back, as you all part your separate ways.