Chapter 10: Off With a Bang

(Bruce Lee p.o.v.)

The production of my new movie is going smoothly. We are scheduled to have everything finished and a special premiere during the final day of the Vytal Festival. At the moment we are about to start filming on one of the major action scenes of the movie in the downtown part of Vale.
"Alright! Everybody in their positions!" The director yelled.
I got into position in the middle of the road while the other four guys surrounded me. The four were clad in all black suits while I was wearing a white suit with black trim. Once we were all set the director runs out with the clapperboard in front of the camera.
"Street fight take one, and action!"
Once the cameras start rolling one of the guys runs to me trying to sucker punch me with his brass knuckles. I push the punch out of the way before quickly elbowing the guy in the face and kicking him behind the knee making him fall. The second guy comes next, this time with a crowbar over his head ready to strike. He swings downwards in a sluggish manor allowing me to dodge and grab his arm and twist it making him drop the weapon. The third guy rushes me from the back before I take guy number two and push him into the third man. As for the fourth guy about to punch me, I jump off the third guy on the ground and do a spin kick, knocking the fourth man out.
"Cut! Perfect you guys." The director says giving his thumbs up.
I smile giving him a thumbs up as well as the four guys are on the ground groaning as they try to get up. I'm walking away from the set before I see a missed call on my scroll. I call the number back before being taken aback.
"Lee Jun-fan, I thought we had an agreement." A feminine voice says.
"Sienna. I didn't know you owned a scroll. Now won't Mistral authorities be all over your little headquarters?" I ask.
"That's no matter. What pains me is our agreement was broken."
"I don't recall breaking another one of your cultists legs. Are you sure it was me?"
"Snappy as ever, a kid attacked one of our operations some time ago claiming he was your pupil. Is this true.?" Sienna asks.
"I do have a pupil, but it wasn't me messing with your lackeys. Unless they hurt me or him then we have every right to put you in your place." I say.
"I won't do anything now, but if he tampers with our plans anymore the consequences will be dire." She says hanging up.
"Welp, better block that number." I say continuing my walk around Vale.

(2nd person view)

"What the actual hell?" You ask yourself walking into the lunchroom.
Everything was broken, food was everywhere, and Team JNPR were covered in... well everything they serve here. Ms. Goodwitch then using her semblance puts everything back the way it was.
"Children, please don't play with your food." She says as Yang comes crashing back into the lunchroom.
I snicker a little before straightening up when Ms. Goodwitch looks my way.
"They're suppose to be the defenders of the world." Glynda says trying to hold back her anger.
"But right now, they're still children. So why not let them play the part?" Ozpin asked.
"Master Lee told me an ancient proverb once, 'The person attempting to travel two roads at once will get nowhere'. Whether they are the worlds next defenders or simple children they can only be one." You say.
"I'm glad Bruce Lee's wisdom wasn't blessed upon deaf ears." Ozpin comments as he and Ms. Goodwitch leave the lunchroom.

(Timeskip)

"You want me to do what?" You ask as you sit in a meditation position.
"We want you to help us figure out and bring down whatever Roman Torchwick and the White Fang are up to." Blake tells me as the rest of Team RWBY stands behind her.
     "I'd rather not get involved in a conflict I have no quarrel in."
     "You would let innocents die because you don't have any involvement in the situation?"
     At this point Blake is becoming angrier and angrier while you are still meditating. The rest of Team RWBY is looking at their teammate concerned for both her and you.
     "How selfish do you have to be? This isn't about you is it? This is about your sisters. You don't want to have to work with them do you?" Blake states.
     Your breathing starts to pace up and your fists clench and you stand up and look Blake straight in the eyes.
     "How quickly have you forgotten I worked alongside them to find you? I was taught it takes a strong man to win a fight, but it takes a stronger man to know when one isn't needed. To seek out a fight isn't just unwise, but stupid. We are all still huntsmen and huntresses in training. To try and handle something like this will lead to nothing but trouble." You say causing Blake to loose her composure. The cat faunas girl quickly backed down and left the room whilst Ruby and Yang followed, leaving only Weiss at your doorframe.
     "Are you their last resort to persuade me?" You ask sitting back down.
     "For the record I thought it was a bad idea. But we're a team, and I'll have their backs no matter what. A certain someone helped me realize that." Weiss said walking away.
You sighed and decided to head to Team JNPR's dorm. While they were crazy, they didn't get into half the shit Team RWBY did. As you head down the hall you feel someone behind you so you quickly turn, ready to strike until you stop yourself.
"I see your reflexes are sharp as ever Mr.  (L/N)." Ozpin said staring at at your half cocked fist.
"Forgive me Professor, it just seems I can never have a peaceful trip to Team JNPR's dorm." You tell him.
Ozpin lets out a small chuckle, acknowledging the truth in your statement.
"I'm glad you've found people other than Mr. Lee to turn to. However it seems you've grown with Team RWBY as well."
"I take it you know their antics?" You ask.
"I am well aware of what they are up to. I also know I can trust on you if the situation goes south, despite your relationship with your sisters." He says walking away.
"And how do you know I won't just let them die?"
"Because I know that isn't what you were taught."
As he walks away you make your way in the other direction eventually knocking on Team JNPR's door.
"Oh (Y/N), I didn't expect you tonight." Jaune says answering the door.
"Thought I'd stop by and hang out." You say smiling.
"Well come on in, the more the merrier."
As you walk in you see everyone else divert their attention towards you. Pyrrha stops reading, Ren pauses cooking, and Nora stops trying to sneak food from Ren.
"Hello everyone, I hope I'm not intruding." You say.
"Of course not! Ren's almost done cooking dinner, you should join us." Nora says.
"The extra company is always appreciated." Ren adds.
"Thank you all so much." You say smiling.
The five of you hung around the dorm, eating, laughing, and talking about life. Currently you and the rest of Team JNPR were laughing about some of Jaune's childhood stories.
     "Wow, seven sister? My life would be more of a hell then it was with that many siblings." You say in awe.
     "And you just let them do you hair?" Nora added.
     "It wasn't all bad, I learned how to dance." Jaune said trying to make his childhood seem less... Jaune-ish.
     "You can dance?" You ask.
     "Yeah, I'm not the best but I won't be stepping on anyone's feet anytime soon." Jaune says.
     "You know, Master Lee is probably one of the best dancers out there. Him being so light on his feet mixed with his martial arts prowess goes hand and hand with his dancing abilities."
     "That would make sense." Ren comments.
     "What about you (Y/N)? Can you dance?" Pyrrha asks.
     "Yeah kinda. I'm a pretty crappy dancer." You say.
     "Well maybe sometime I can teach you." Pyrrha says smiling.
     "That'd be awesome! We could all help you learn how dance and do a coordinated dance at the school dance!" Nora said all excited.
     "You said dance too many times in that sentence." You say causing the room to all laugh at the red headed brute.
     While Nora wore a sour expression and the rest of her team tried to calm her down you felt a vibration coming from you pocket. You check your scroll quickly to see Blake and that monkey faunas running away from some giant mech. You sigh, putting your scroll back in your pocket and getting up, walking to the door.
     "(Y/N), where are you going?" Jaune asked.
     "Team RWBY dug themselves into a hole, I gotta dig em' out." You say.
     "Even after everything Ruby and Yang have done you help them? I just don't get it." Pyrrha adds.
     "It's not about what they did in the past, and that's something I need to learn. It's about how they decide to shape their future." You say leaving their dorm.