{1}

Asher and Danny were snuggled up on the sofa, a soft, deep brown blanket covering their bodies as the scenes from their favourite movie played out on the flat screen in front of them. Danny's body was pressed up against his boyfriends comfortably, and Asher had an arm draped over the smaller boy.

"Ash, pass the popcorn," Danny demanded with a smile, and Asher didn't hesitate to pass him the large bowl.

Danny shoved so much popcorn into his mouth that a few pieces fell out of his mouth, hitting the blanket and falling onto the floor. Asher laughed and caught one before it hit the blanket, throwing it in his own mouth.

"Messy," he mumbled under his breath.

Danny slapped his arm and mumbled, "Stupid head," under his breath. That was pretty much as dark as Danny's vocabulary went, and Asher knew this, faking a gasp for a few seconds before laughing.

Asher was still laughing, rubbing a hand along his arm like it hurt, even though it didn't, when his phone went off. He reached over Danny to get his phone off of the table, and read the message.

Party at your place tonight? I'll bring the girls, you bring the beer? – Chad

Danny was still tucked under his arm and Asher took a moment to take in everything about his boyfriend. Danny's dark hair was slightly dishevelled from their couch cuddles, and he was watching the television with deep blue eyes which were surrounded by thick lashes. Danny must have sensed that Asher was looking at him, as he brought his gaze away from the movie and looked up at his boyfriend with a curious look for a second. Asher didn't say anything, he just leant down and pressed a kiss onto Danny's lips. Danny smiled and turned his gaze back to the television.

His phone buzzed again. I know you are usually busy Saturday nights, but PLEASE!! – Chad

Asher sighed, he usually was with Danny most Saturday nights, but this weekend Danny had to leave early because it was his father's birthday the next day and so they had planned to spend the day together. He wished that Danny could stay over like most weekends, but he guessed that having a wild party would be a sure fire way to prove to his friends that he didn't spend his Saturday nights playing Tetris on his phone or something. He always had some phony excuse for why he was busy, a family dinner, a party with other friends, a date with some cute girl he had met the day before, but still, having a party would probably be a good idea, and it didn't hurt that his father was away on a business trip until the Monday. 

Sounds good, be here at eight. – Asher

He looked up from his phone to see that Danny was looking at him again. "Who are you texting?" he asked innocently, completely unaware of the total lie which was about to be thrown in his face.

Asher shrugged. "Just talking to Beth about coming over tonight for dinner."

"Replacing me, huh?" Danny teased, and he even winked at the end, just to make sure that Asher didn't take what he said too seriously. That was the sort of person Danny was, so it didn't come as a surprise to Asher. Danny was never one to tease, threaten or anything of the sort. Danny was a kind of pure that Asher had never come across in his life, and maybe that had been one of the reasons that he had been drawn to him.

"Never," Asher promised, kissing his cheek and making Danny smile.

Danny reached up and tossed a piece of Asher's sandy blonde hair around. "Your hair needs a cut, it's getting so long that I can't even see your face, and a beautiful face it is."

Asher nodded. "Yeah, I'll get it cut soon."

Danny smiled and rested his head against Asher's chest again, turning his eyes towards the movie.