⁰¹ 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 🍓

strawberries and cigarettes
always taste like you

     cold breeze, empty hearts. the feeling of being on the top of the world. bits of scattered moonlight protruding through the clusters of clouds in the night sky. casting the perfect reflection off the boys face in front of him.

     lee taeyong, heartthrob. high school dropout. the boy who can smoke to no end- but will always smell like strawberries.

     jung jaehyun. his former best friend, psychology major overseas in america. he was supposed to spend the summer accompanied by his roommate in italy- but after receiving a call from the older boy, he cancelled his plans.

     taeyong was some sort of deity in jaehyun's eyes- he adored the older more than he would admit. strawberries and cigarettes were always something that would reminded him of him.

    there was dull lacklustre in the older's eyes. he sat leaned against the bench- stating up at the sky. a lit cigarette hung loosely in his mouth. jaehyun would just sit a few feet behind him, admiring the dormant beauty in him. something most others didn't see.

     they saw taeyong for his beauty. his body. the aesthetic of being the bad boy's girl. but jaehyun... he saw him only as taeyong. the lee taeyong he met in middle school. the lee taeyong he fell in love with but would never confess.

     taeyong's cigarette burned out in that moment- and he tossed it to the ground before stamping on it. he admired the overhead views of seoul, and the lights flickering- before turning to look back at jaehyun- covered by shadow.

will you light my cigarette? ❞