⁰⁹ 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 🍓

– ❝strawberries & cigarettes will always taste like you❞ –

will always taste like you❞ –

     two whole weeks had flown by since the passing. jaehyun payed for the funeral expenses from his pocket- knowing donghyuck wouldn't have enough- and was now wandering the old park that him and taeyong liked to sit around in.

the ash pile in the park...❞

    jaehyun squatted down beside the pile of grey left there- and kicked around at it, until it revealed a very thin casing in the shape and style of a cigarette. ❝typical.❞ jaehyun thought to himself, before pocketing the object and taking one last look at the parks view.

     with the object in hand- he walked back to donghyuck's apartment- where the boy was currently moping around in his room. jaehyun threw himself into taeyong's old bed- and fumbled slightly with the casing in his hands- opening the top to reveal a slightly weathered piece of paper.

     ❝ jaehyun,
    first of all, if you're not who the letter is addressed to, please put this down. i have a few things i need to say before you should move on from me.
    i was such a coward back then- and i should've told you more directly that i like you. maybe we could've been more careful, and it wouldn't have ended like this. i told you i loved you those years back- and i wasn't given any closure as to what you meant- and then you disappeared the next day. with the chance you may not even see this, im not mad at you.
     i know what your parents can be like. if you're reading this at all, know that i've already forgiven you. also, please take care of donghyuck for me. he can be a bit of a pain1 but i only want the best for him.
    i hope ive been able to tell you in person how much i love you- because if i didn't, i would've died to regret it. im sorry that i can't write emotional letters, ive never been good at literature. please forgive me.

love, yours
(lee taeyong)

    jaehyun reread the note multiple times, entranced by the printing on the note- the fact that it smelt like strawberries- and the tips of the pages burnt down.

     while he was still grieving, he felt guilt- and a broken heart to go along with it.

    because he'll never forget about the boy who tasted like both strawberries and cigarettes.