⁰⁶ 𝐜𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐬 🚬

next day, nothing on my
phone but i can still smell
you on my clothes

jaehyun had been studying in america for four years now. he hadn't been back to korea at all since his arrival- and instead opted to bury himself in his studies instead. he was in his first year of university now- majoring in psychology.

he would never admit that a part of it was to study the affect of nicotine, addictions, and the affect it had on your brain. not because of a certain somebody, at least.

jaehyun hadn't heard from taeyong since he moved. he found it quite odd that he didn't even try to text him- but he learned to live with it quickly.

he was enjoying his new life. he had gotten an amazing roommate named johnny- and friends like ten and sicheng. who he'd taken an interest in their last year of school. it was almost as if he had forgotten all about him. he didn't need to be a part of jaehyun's life anymore- and he knew that.

until he received the texts that still haunt him to this day.

UNKNOWN NUMBER
hello, is this jung jaehyun?

YOU
um, yes it is. who is this?

DONGHYUCK
my name's lee donghyuck. im taeyong's younger brother.

YOU
oh... is there a reason you're texting me? taeyong and i haven't talked in years. how did you even get my number?

DONGHYUCK
im sorry, i can answer your questions if you can come back to seoul for a few days. this really isn't something to discuss on the phone.

YOU
im not just going to buy plane tickets back to korea for a dumb reason. is it really that important? im already flying to italy early next week.

DONGHYUCK
... taeyong has been in rehab for the past three years. he must've been reported by your parents as someone dangerous or provoking. he was recently admitted to the hospital and they say he doesn't have much time left. he doesn't want to see anybody but you- and i found your contact in his phone, and i hoped you hadn't changed your number.

YOU
oh... well, in that case i guess i can come down for a while. i haven't been home in years now. thank you, donghyuck. please tell your
brother to try not to die before i get there.

DONGHYUCK
bad time for jokes, but alright. thank you again. if i had money id pay you back, but unfortunately it's a bit tight right now. ill try to repay in some way.

YOU
don't worry about it, donghyuck. at the very least i owe him this.

sugar and smoke rings
ive been a fool