⁰² 𝐜𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐬 🚬

remember when we first met?
you said light my cigarette

years before, the infamous lee taeyong and jung jaehyun never knew each other. they shared classes, and saw each other in the halls- but neither spoke a word to the other. taeyong, a boy from a damaged background- and jung jaehyun, the boy with the world at his fingertips.

they met purely by coincidence. taeyong was out having a smoke in the back of the yard- per usual, while jaehyun was sent to get something from the sport shed. initially, jaehyun was disgusted- how could someone with such a pretty face be so bad?

everything about him was perfect- from the way he composed himself, to the way he spoke- and even that he would always smell like strawberries and cigarettes. when jaehyun approached him, taeyong walked up to him. ❝light my cigarette.❞

no, they're not healthy for you.❞ jaehyun had simply said, getting his equipment out of the shed. ❝you don't know anything about me.❞ he had replied back dully, staring out at the open field behind him. failing at flicking his lighter multiple times.

jaehyun stared at the older boy- and he just stared back. he could remember in that time- that he was so entranced by his deep hazel eyes. something about them called him to him. he took a hesitant look around- before he lit the cigarette in the boys mouth.

taeyong gave him a nod of acknowledgement- and jaehyun thought that it would be the last of his encounters with the boy.

but he was wrong

i should've walked away
when i first met you