⁰⁴ 𝐜𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐬 🚬

like that night in the back of the cab, when your fingers
walked in my hand

jaehyun's parents– when he started highschool, were far from lacking suspicion about their son. how he'd come home late at night every day- how he'd sometimes have singed sleeves- and how he smelled profusely of strawberries, and the scent of smoke.

this put him under strict watch by them– to which he was hardly able to go out anymore. only when he made the excuse of going out with doyoung– was he finally given the chance to see taeyong.

that night, they went out to one of the parks overlooking the city. the blinking lights below, paired with the beauty of the boy beside him- was a night he would never forget. he sat only a foot or two behind the older, and watched him take a cigarette out of the package from his pocket.

jaehyun instinctively took the lighter out of his hand lit it up for him. he older took it out his mouth momentarily, glancing at the boy before looking back to the city. ❝jaehyun, when i die- i want to be able to see this view for the rest of my life. i want to see the buildings, the skyscrapers- the flashing lights. i want to stay here with the one i love.❞

jaehyun didn't answer, not realizing that it was basically a confession coming from the older. he just smiled and held him in a hug- leaning against the bench behind behind him.

it seemed like the night lasted forever- and when jaehyun had to go home- they took a cab to get there faster. music softly played in the background- and the driver paying no attention- taeyong placed his hand over jaehyun's but ignored his state. silence over fell them.

but, when he got home- he saw his parents standing in their front door- waiting for him.

so i lied to my mom and dad