⁰³ 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 🍓

how pitiful

friendship had developed between both taeyong and jaehyun up until their years leading up to highschool. taeyong went first, leaving jaehyun behind in their middle school.

jaheyun didn't mind though, because the older would visit him all the time- and walk him home after school. his parents could never know, though. no, they couldn't.

     today was a particularly rainy day, and jaehyun frowned. taeyong didn't like the rain- it would put out his cigarettes. feeling like he was going to walk home alone for the first time of the season- he passed by some of his old friends (who were jabbing at him), and sighed as he saw the pouring rain outside.

     spending twenty minutes walking home in this would be hell. as soon as he stepped outside, he felt the rain cascading over his shoulders- effectively soaking through his clothes and most likely the things in his bag.

     he was about to complain to himself, when he felt the rain disappear from his shoulders- and the overwhelming scent of strawberries sending his senses in overload. he looked up and saw a dyed grey haired taeyong holding an umbrella, unlit cigarette in his mouth.

     ❝light my cigarette?❞ the boy asked, not sparing him a glance as they made their way down the road. jaehyun took the lighter out of his other hand- clicking it together and putting it up to the butt of the roll.

     comfortable silence spread across them as they had trudged through the compiling puddles of water around them. the soft pitter patter of the rain around them filling the absence of talking.

     jaehyun was so distracted by the smell of strawberries- that he had hardly realized they were already at the front of his house- a nice mansion in the suburbs. jaehyun thanked taeyong, who just nodded and gave the slightest hint of a smile before continuing on his way down the sidewalk.