Chapter Eight: Blackout

• Dedicated to Everyone who dreams of the stars

YESS!!!!!! THE TITLE WORKS PERFECTLY!!!!!

-Lonely

----------------------------------

For a few seconds the room was dark, causing Chris, Dom and Morgan to scream and, judging by the sound of footsteps and random objects falling to the floor, run around in circles. I heard Matt yell, "Gaah!" and grab my arm at random. The Doctor, however, seemed to stand still (though knowing him, he was probably grinning an evil grin nobody could see.)

After a few seconds, dim red-orange lights lit up around the atrium, casting an eerie glow on the controls below it. The Daleks began to hover around in circles, trying to figure out what had just happened. Upon waiting a few seconds, they seemed to realized this was the Doctor's fault, and turned to face him.

His smile dissapeared. "Guys, run."

"What?" Matt hissed, staring up at him like he was mad (which he probably was.)

"Basically, I've cut the wires flowing from their solar panels. They've stored enough emergency power to run basic systems, such as the orange lights and doors, for about eight minutes. I'll deal with the Daleks; you guys get out of here."

Chris, Dom, Morgan and Matt looked at each other for a second, then turned to face the Doctor. "No."

The Doctor stared at them as if they were crazy. "What? Why?"

"Because you've helped us, and we're not just going to leave you behind to die," Dom said, his voice shaky.

"Oh, don't worry about me," the Doctor grumbled, rolling his eyes.

"THE DOCTOR AND THE HUMANS WILL BE EXTERMINATED!!!" Dalek Qom commanded, still hovering where he had been before the Doctor cut the power.

"Okay, nevermind, scratch that," he said quietly. "EVERYONE, RUN!!!"

He soniced the door, and we bolted out, faster than the six daleks still waiting outside could register. The Doctor and Matt bolted to the front of the group, once again the fastest of any of us. This time the hallways were harder to see, lit only by a few red-orange lights here and there, and the usual death ray being shot at one of us.

"EXTERMINATE!"

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a dalek aim its blaster at Dom, the weakest of the group. Quickly I grabbed him and jolted him to the side, saving his life as the blue beam shot exactly where he had been running. He looked up at me, half dreamy, half pained.

"You almost got killed," I told him, pushing him forward. "You can push yourself, Dom. Once we get back to the TARDIS, we'll be safe."

"And when's that?"

"I have no idea," I said truthfully. "I just hope Matt and the Doctor have some idea where they're going."

"Umm... Doctor?" I heard Morgan call out, still shy with the older man.

"Not now, Morgan," he said sharply, concentrating on finding the TARDIS.

"What happens after those eight minutes?"

The Doctor rolled his eyes and pushed forward, motioning for us to catch up. "The power goes out, the entire station transcends into chaos."

"And?" I called, still holding Dom's hand.

He kept his face forward when he spoke. "The whole station gets transported through time. Probably minus the TARDIS."

My eyes widened with fear. "So basically, we have eight minutes to find the TARDIS before we're trapped with a bunch of daleks for the rest of our lives-"