Chapter 24- Finally a Family

*Alex* 

After the visit to Virginia, Thomas and I have been looking into adoption more. After the visit to the orphanage last month we have been trying to adopt a little kid named Philip. He is about 5 years old. 

He is such a sweet kid. And he really took to us. He doesn't mind having two dads, honestly, I think he is too young to understand. 

He has curly hair and is slightly tanned and has a lot of freckles. He is just too cute. 

Thomas likes him too. We visit every day while going through the adoption process. IT is gonna take a while but all three of us are willing to wait. 

John and Peggy are dating. Even when they all said it would happen it did. Yeah. John is bisexual. 

James, I don't think we will ever see him again after that event a few months ago. 

*3 years later* 

I got a call on the house phone. 

"I got it," Thomas said as he got up and ran to the phone. 

"Hello....This is them....REALLY!?.... We'll be on our way....Thank you so much...Bye." 
"ALEX! Get in the car NOW!" 
"Why? What is it? " 
"We get to take him home today!" 
"Really?" 
"YES! GET IN THE CAR!" Thomas shouts running out of the door. I laugh and quickly follow behind him. 

"I can't believe it. We waited 3 years for this," I say shaking Thomas as he drives down the road like a maniac. 
"I know! I'm so excited, but stop shaking me or we might crash," He laughs, so do I. 
"Fine, fine." 
"He's 8 now." 
"I know. He is in 3rd grade. AHHHHHH." 
"WHAT?" 
"I just thought of how cute he will be dropping him off at school." 
"Alex, I swear don't scream like that you scared me half to death." He said chuckling slightly. 

We get there in 5 minutes. 

"Hello, we are the Hamilton-Jefferson's, we were called here to pick up a little boy." 
"OH yes, right this way." She guides us to a bright yellow room and sees a little boy packing up his things. 

"PHILIP!" I scream. He whips around and smiles his cute smile. 
"DADDY!" mmmmmm, when he calls me daddy it makes me the happiest person ever. 
"PAPPA!" He calls Thomas 'pappa' and me 'daddy' its the cutest thing.
He runs and hugs us both then looks up at me. 

"Do you get to take me home with you today?" 
"Yup, ready to see your new room. We painted it the color you wanted and with the bed you always wanted." 
"Really?" He says with a glimmer in his eye. I just nod then look at Thomas. The big baby is crying. 

"Thomas?"
"Mhm.." He says shakily
"You okay?" 
"So happy. So proud. " 
"You are too funny." 
"mmmm SO proud." 
"Whatever Th-" 
"Pappa, why are you crying?" Thomas looks down at the 8-year-old hugging him. 
"I'm just so happy to be taking you home today Pip." 
"ME TOO!" He says then start jumping. We all laugh. It almost feels perfect. 

We walk out of the orphanage hand in hand. Once we get to the car he runs and jumps in the back and buckles up. He is too cute, the way his hair bounces up and down. 

On the drive home, we listen to some of Pips favorite music. With all those visits we have bonded quite a lot. 

*At the apartment*

"Wow," Philip says in wonder. He walked into his room and almost screamed.  
"Do you like it?" Thomas asked. 
"YESS!"
 Me and Thomas laugh. We mad the right choice. 

We are having a party tonight and everyone is coming over to meet Philip. Laf and Herc love kids so tonight should be interesting.